Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday

Sorry I didn't have that many pics to post below. We were going to video today but forgot the camera so tomorrow we will hopefully have video to post.

We slept for 13 hours last night, I don't think I have done that since high school! I'm glad I finally got some sleep, though, all of the other night I had been waking up at 3 a.m. and not going back to sleep.

We went to the grocery store today, it was interesting. We didn't get to much. Tomorrow I am going to go to some fruit/vegetable stands because I'm going to make some soup tomorrow night.

Tonight Hudson said cup, well, we were saying cup and he was saying "up". He's really trying. I cannot wait to have him with us all of the time. He is so active now, I'm sure he's going to be into everything at home.

A few random things...
*Russian women are very talented- they walk down the street wearing 10 inch heels, smoke a cigarette (maybe that's why they don't have a long life span) , talk on the phone, and hold shopping bags all at the same time. I couldn't even chew gum and walk in those heels at the same time. Okay, I couldn't walk in those heels with people holding my hands on both sides.

*If you're adopting from Moscow try to figure out the Metro, it's saving us over $2,000 to use the Metro. It will freak you out the first few times but if we can do it so can you. A driver costs $100 per day and the Meto costs us not even $2 per day.

*Thank God I'm a country girl!

*Playing basketball for Phil Carr has helped me to get around in Moscow! How? Because these people are pushy and can be rude. After a few days of trying to smile at people and say excuse me and sorry- it gets you no where! You just have to root your way in there with them. Even the old women will move you out of their way! But they didn't call me bruiser for nothing! I can hang with these Russian's-thanks Coach Carr.

*So if you're planning to come to Moscow let me know and we can play some basketball before you leave. I'll teach you how to throw some elbows and push people around then you'll be ready for Moscow. And now you're thinking, how will Lindsey be able to play basketball without passing out? Because we're walking well over 3-4 miles per day. That's why all of these Russians are skinny!

Okay, I'll quit rambling. But one more thing...my second favorite thing to do (seeing Hudson is my first :), is turn the computer on and read all of your comforting comments. I love them. Thanks so much. I tear up everytime I turn the computer on! We love you all!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
You're a trip. I can just picture you elbowing some little old Russian lady, boxing out to be first in line at the fruit stand.

I'm sooo happy for you guys. Its amazing that this dream you've been dreaming for so long has finally come true. It seemed like it would never happen and now its happening so fast. Your patience and faith are amazing. God has blessed you.

Hang in there! Enjoy Christmas with your precious gift from God!

Oh yeah...Tell Jason I would have been a wreck in that courtroom too.

We love you guys and miss you. Lindy can't wait to see you.

Darin

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I'm so hapy for you guys! Can't wait until ya'll get home. I know you can't wait either. Be safe!

Amanda Elrod

Anonymous said...

OK Jason and Lindsey,
Let's talk about ears when we get my grandson on that big ole plane. Do you have ear plugs or something for his ears? Little kids sometimes have big problems with the pressure changes of take-off. I don't know if you can get him to swallow enough to keep his ears from hurting. Just wondering if someone has figured this out. Can't wait to get him in the "new" tractor!

p.s. "favorite daughter-in-law" I'm not sure you got the elbowing from Phil Carr!
Later!

Anonymous said...

We were all laughing out loud! We are glued to this computer waiting to hear any news, thinking I was going to tear up again had the tissues ready and then,we got the whole high-heel story...priceless! Seriously though, could he be any cuter? The Beshears Gang

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
I love reading your blog post everyday. Hudson is so precious and his smile is contagious. Steven and I have been thinking of adoption and I am gaining lots of information by observing you and Jason. Thanks for letting all of us share in your joy of adopting your son!

Gloria

Anonymous said...

LINDSEY!!!!!
I am rejoicing with you both. I can't believe that he is yours and the pictures are priceless!!! I was almost in tears as I read about the joy and fears you have faced, and how the Lord has directed each path given to you both. We love you guys and are so excited for yall. We can't wait to hear all the stories in person!!!Praying for yall and can't wait to read more.. Love yall
us

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I finally got to talk to you! I'm so ready for the 3 of you to hurry home... I'm working today (Thursday) but I'll try to keep my phone on vibrate with me. I love you and Jason. Have you been showing Hudson my picture? He needs to know who I am bc I'm kidnapping him when he gets here. (ok, I know I can't but it really goes through my head some!!:) love love love all 3 of yal!!

Anonymous said...

I can't figure out why everyone keeps talking about crying. i am so not emotional. i'm a rock, really. sure, my allergies make it look like i'm crying every time i read your stuff and i got something in my eye when i saw Jason holding little Jon (that's a nickname i made up for hudson)but really, ya'll need to toughen up. by the way have ya'll told him about his youth pastor yet? I'm big in Russia. Don't say it.
Love ya'll. Jon

Anonymous said...

I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait but I know I have too. I just want to touch him. It's a good thing you are practicing the elbowing thing, because it won't be long until you have to use it on everyone at Bethel just to get to your son. Bro. Mike will probably even have to get a referee or at last a time out whistle. Bro. Mike will be a grandpa when you get back. Lydia was in labor all day yesterday at Vanderbilt. I'm still waiting to hear the news. I love you guys!

Cherri

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey,

I've been checking your blog every day waiting for news, and finally you have him! I was going to call you when you found out your dates, but we're having exams this week, and I've been studying like crazy... ugh.

I'm so happy for you guys! I miss you so much, and you are such a cute family. =]

Love you!

Abby

Anonymous said...

Jason and Lindsey,

We are so excited for you. We know you will be great parents.

Look forward to your safe return.
Merry Christmas


Pam PVMC