It's 3:30 a.m. and I can't sleep. I don't know how Jason can sleep while I have a movie on, getting out of bed to go get things, and I have the light on. I have made my to do list, well, I've made a few of them.
I am so excited about going back to Moscow. Hudson's bag is packed. Now I just have to get a few things packed for me and Jason. I really hope these next 11 days go by fast. We have decided that Jason and I are both staying the entire time. This means Christmas in Moscow! This will be both of our first Christmas' away from home. But we can celebrate the birth of our Savior anywhere in the world. We are going to ask the judge if we can take custody of him 2 days early so we can all celebrate Christmas together. If she says no then we will get custody of him on Dec. 26. But how awesome would it be if she says yes!!
My friend, Amanda, from MI has the same court date as us. We e-mail every day and talk on the phone some so I am so excited to get to meet her and Jeff in person. Her son is also in Moscow but in a different orphanage as Hudson. It's been so good to have someone going through the same steps as we are to talk to daily.
We will fly out on the 13th, get there on the 14th which is a Sunday. We will visit Hudson twice on Monday and then Tuesday we will have court and then go visit him in the orphanage. If there is time we will get to go with him to get pics taken for his visa and passport. I hope we can because I would like to see how he reacts to being in a vehicle. Our 10 day wait period will start on the 16th but we will be able to visit him daily in the orphanage.
I just hope this trip we can do a better job adjusting to the time change. The last trip kicked our rears big time. We are going to ride the metro this time instead of having a driver. This could be interesting. I just hope we don't get turned around because nothing is in english. But if we learn how to use the metro it will save us quite a bit of money because the driver is $100 per day. Of course we will use him our first day back, court, and the day we pick Hudson up at the orphanage.
I'll quit rambling, there's just so much going through my head!
4 comments:
Lindsey, I have been following your story and you have been such an inspiration to me. I was your Aunt Pat's roommate her 1st year in Knoxville (we went to Martin together) and I knew your Mom through her over 35 years ago! I still keep in touch some (as Pat is so busy!) and absolutely will always love your Grandmother, Mrs. Hazel....ate at their house quite a few times in college...best food I ever had cooked for me! Anyway, I am so thrilled about Hudson and hope I can meet him someday. God is do good!
Lindsey, I have been following your story and you have been such an inspiration to me. I was your Aunt Pat's roommate her 1st year in Knoxville (we went to Martin together) and I knew your Mom through her over 35 years ago! I still keep in touch some (as Pat is so busy!) and absolutely will always love your Grandmother, Mrs. Hazel....ate at their house quite a few times in college...best food I ever had cooked for me! Anyway, I am so thrilled about Hudson and hope I can meet him someday. God is so good!
My prayers have been with you since I started your blog. May God go with you and your precious son come home. Please keep us up dated,
That is so exciting that your time to get Hudson for good is almost here. And I'm so glad you and Jason both get to stay the entire time!
Post a Comment