Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday, the internet was down. The weekend was great going to visit Hudson. The metro was not nearly as crowded and the orphanage was quiet. Everyday I love going and seeing him. He gets so excited to see us. Yesterday when we got there he was on the pot. There were about 8 kids sitting there on the little toilets and when he saw me his little tail was crawling to me as fast as he could, bare butt and all. It was pretty funny until I put him back on the pot and he started crying. Then because he wouldn't stop crying we were shooed out of the room and he cried until she brought him to us. He said "mama" more today :)
Yesterday we went to the market and finished all of our shopping. I'm so glad! It's pretty fun negotiating with the Russians. I tried Russian food again and let's just say I'm NOT doing that again!
Tomorrow we are meeting Luda, Lena's sister. We have a friend of Janice and Jon who is going to translate for us, I'm pretty excited about meeting her.
Only 4 more days of going to the orphanage. I'll be so glad to have him with us all of the time and no more getting on the metro! Our flight schedule is we leave here on the 1st at 9:00 am fly to Prague (Czech Republic) then an 11 hour flight to Atlanta then from Atl. to Nashville. We will land in Nashville at 8:10 p.m. on Jan. 1st. Be there or be square!!
8 comments:
What a picture in my mind, bare butt speeding across the floor, priceless! ♥ I'll be laughing at that the rest of the day! Counting the days till you're home!
Hello,
What a blessing to be home so soon! Thanks for keeping us all updated.
This is one Christmas that you won't forget!
Chris Troutt
Are there restrictions on what he can eat when he gets home, perhaps so he can adapt, or no? The girls were curious. Beshears Family.
We look at your blog every day. We love seeing the pictures and how well you all are doing. God is so GREAT!!! We are so happy for you. Be Safe!!! I hope the internet doesn't go down again.
Lindsey, let me know what flight number you have coming into Nashville so we can be sure when in the right spot when you arrive!
Melissa
Linds & Jason--
It feels like yal have been gone FOREVER. I'm beginning to wonder if I can stay away from yal when I go to Chattanoogs... I feel like Alli... everyday checking to see how many more days are left til yal are home. My imagination is going crazy thinking about everything I will do with Hudson. I went to Nans's today and she said to be sure I told you how happy and excited is... She still remembers the day you called her to tell her you couldn't have kids... she kept telling me how good God is. You know Nana, she just makes me feel like singing and dancing about God when you leave. She loves yal bunches!!
Well, I love yal and hope the Russian food is tearing yal up too bad! I work tomorrow (Tuesday) but I'll try to keep my phone on me.
well, i aint coming to that airport. Ellie's old enough to be his momma and she thinks her potty is a basketball goal. you didn't tell us you were going over there to adopt some superhuman genius baby. bring me back one of them russian pottys. that's got to be difference. love ya'll. Jon
Hang in there Lindsey. You guys are on the down hill side of this tremendous mountain. I read your comment and on my blog and I just have you guys on my heart. I know that you can't wait to get home, because I remember it well. It may not happen to you, but be prepared for a wave of emotions when that plan begins to taxi and you leave his homeland. I wasn't prepared for just how I felt, but it was overwhelming.
God Bless You!
Mayme
Post a Comment