I have been going back and forth about this post but I do think it's very important for me to write it. We have talked about it with some of you and I know with some of you I need to reinforce this (Dad, Casey, Mom, Sheryl, etc.-you know I love you :). It's going to be very important when we get home for Hudson to be held by only me and Jason. We aren't doing this to be mean or selfish, we are going to do what is best for our son and that's for him to properly attach to us. Those of you who have gone through the adoption process are secretly shouting AMEN right now, aren't you! Those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about can just think we are crazy for a little while! The first part of his life with us is so important for him to be held and loved by us and to know we are mom and dad and we are constant. This is something he must learn and it's going to take more than just a day or two. He does prefer us and doesn't reach out for other people, this is a great start. START, it's only the beginning. I do think that he would go to others if they stuck their arms out for him. He's just a happy kid and likes people. So it's okay for everyone to be around him, but please don't reach for him or ask him to come and see you. For now, he's all ours, and in time, we'll share him with you, too.
Now, that being said I know lots of you have been waiting for over 2 years to see him. So, at the church I will gladly let you hold him. I hope he's in a good mood so you can all see his awesome smile. But after the airport he's all ours. But please come over and visit us and see his room and watch him play. I want him to be familiar with all of our family and friends and know your face and voice and look forward to seeing you, but I want him to be attached to us first. And I do want visitors after we get settled in, I'm not just saying that. I can't wait to visit with everyone!
Okay so now some of you think I'm crazy, the others of you already knew I am crazy! Check the blog later today, we are going to go to Red Square this afternoon and take some pics, hopefully it'll be lots of fun!
I MISS EVERYONE SO MUCH!
8 comments:
You are doing the right thing. Most everyone understands and it is hard because everyone wants to hold them when they get home. I wish I had stuck to my guns a little more but luckily Emma has attached well. You tell Hudson that Emma can't get a kiss from no stinking boy until she is 30:) But after that, he's a perfect match! Looking forward to getting together when you guys get home.
Mayme
We understand totally! Thanks for sharing this whole process with everyone it has been amazing for us to see how it all works! So proud for your whole family and know all will be back to normal soon. Like you said though normal(crazy)for you is about like it is for us ha-ha! Hope Red Square was fun.
Forgot to sign the above post...it's us-Chad, Paige and girls
Lindsey,
Good post. This is what we did when we brought home Camdyn J. I will never regret this. Being in their country where sounds and smells are familiar is one thing. Coming to middle TN is another. New sounds/sights and then figuring out that these "new people" won't leave you. She had a great attachment and after a few weeks she understood who mom & dad were and we were handing her away beaming :)
Amy Hamlin
Atta girl! Call me when you get home so we can schedule our first meeting. Also, don't forget the paperwork that will need to be done asap!
Safe journeys home!!!
Blessings,
Chris Troutt
That is totally understandable! We are so excited to see you guys! We have the camcorder dusted off and charged up. We bought this neat device that converts all kinds of media to a DVD, so I shouldn't have any problem making you a DVD of your arrival. I should finally be able to a copy of all of the horse shows for you as well!
Melissa H.
Stick to your guns - it's not easy! We did not do this with Camden and things were fine. However, we were stricter with Rory and even then - things were NOT fine and I wish I had been even stricter. We did eventually tighten up, but it was after some damage had already been done.
Have a wonderful trip home!
Ah, Poor Jason and Lindsay. There will be those who are upset and they will get over it. It was such a hard time at the airport for Ellie because everyone was "in her face" wanting to love her and welcome her and we were so excited and wanted to share her with them, but knew that it was all overwhelming to her. She still had a bit of a meltdown, but I suspect it was due to hunger. You are Hudson's biggest advocates and you have to do what is best for him. Ellie's been home a little over two months and is FIRMLY attached to us. Had she been a bit older (like Hudson), it might would have taken a bit longer. We are now able to share her around to those who want to and she is fine. I'll pray for you over the next few months. It is a hard time, but you will do fine!! Email me (mblatham@charter.net) if you want my number and want to talk.
Post a Comment