Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tuesday

I have much to tell, I know you all love pics but you are going to have to listen to me ramble first! I will try to post some pics of today because we have some cute ones but we are fixin' to go play some Marines in basketball so you may have to wait a little while.

I have been trying to not get too into the Christmas spirit because if I am it will only make me horribly home sick. But this morning I put on some Martina McBride Christmas and took a bath, oh yes, I shaved my legs! (You know that only happens once in a blue moon:) I know this is a very special Christmas for us but it's still hard not being at home. I just hope the next few days go by quickly! I think next year will be the best when we are all home for Christmas. Our plans for Christmas Eve is to go to the orphanage and then tomorrow night go to some friends of Janice and Jon's to eat. On Christmas morning we are going to get up and have a big breakfast with Janice and Jon and give them their presents then go to the orphanage. We are going to take family Christmas pictures and I hope we get some good ones.

Today we met with Luda, Lena's sister, she was so funny. Reminds me so so much of Lena, very sweet. I will post some pics of us together.

Today when we got to the orphanage it was a little later than normal because we spent extra time with Luda. So I walked in his room and the kids were playing but I didn't see him then a caretaker pointed to him and I saw his hair. He was playing on the other side of the room behind a play pen. I said, "Hudson" and he popped up started laughing and was trying as best as he could to get around everything. He was too cute. He also cried for me when I left the room today. He is so funny. I can't wait for you guys to hear him laugh and copy the noises you make with your mouth. He loves to dance. And he thinks Jason is the funniest thing. But then when he gets tired he's clingy to me.

We saw another couple today at the orphanage and they were adopting their son. Today was their first day to see him. They had just brought him out when Hudson was going back to his room. The little boy and Hudson are in the same room. The dad asked me if I spoke english and then I asked where he was from. They were from Italy. I told him I would take a picture of the three of them together. When he handed me the camera he started crying. There's something about a grown man crying that pierces my heart. He didn't have to say anything, I knew he was thinking about the first picture of him, his wife, and THEIR son. I could have cried with him. Funny how we can be from totally different parts of the world, barely able to communicate, yet still feel the same emotions and connect.

It snowed today probably a few inches so far but it's supposed to keep snowing. So we'll have a white Christmas! I have a feeling I may wipe out a time or two walking down all these stairs.

To Mom and Dad, Casey, Jeanna, Marty, and all of you that are so dear to our hearts...
I'll be home for Christmas...if only in my dreams. We love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,

I am so excited for you. Your Mom keeps me posted nightly. You have me in tears every day because you are so blessed with the gift of sharing your story to where I feel like I am there. I couldn't be happier for you. Hudson is a doll and will be so blessed to have you as a Mom.

Love you,
Bettye Lynn

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say, I'm just boohooing like a baby. It's wonderful that you got to meet Lena's sister and spend some time with her. I haven't seen Jason play basketball in such a long time, I would love to see you two playing the marine guys! How sweet that Hudson is responding to his name, and when he's tired he wants his mama!!!! We finally have our tree up, dad let me buy a new one (ours was getting pretty ragged looking). I'm wrapping presents today (Hudson can open his when ya'll get home), then going shopping for what has become our traditional Christmas Eve breakfast. I'm trying not to think of you being halfway around the world, I'll just do like you and think next year will be the best Christmas. You'll still have a wonderful Christmas though, with new friends, and especially with Hudson, and a white Christmas too! Can't wait to see your family Christmas pictures, and then in a couple of days, Hudson will be yours/ours forever!!! Take care in the snow, and have fun playing basketball. Give Hudson big hugs and kisses from us!!!! We miss you!!! Love you bunches!!!!

Anonymous said...

The Italian family was such a sweet story! You have opened our eyes to a world we didn't know. We cried this morning too. The bible says be content in all things. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful wonderful story you have to tell. Hudson knowing his name, wanting his mama, dancing with dad and also the other family adopting. It sure does reach deep into my soul. Glad you are able to get in a little stress reducing basketball. Hope you taught those boys how it is done!! We have been praying for all involved, but will send up a few extra the next few days. I am so excited for Hudson, little does he know is world is about to take a turn for the super terrific in a few more days thanks to your and Jason's HUGE heart...best wishes and we love you dearly. (I think you should consider a book deal...it would help pay for Hudson's college) Paige Head and family

Anonymous said...

well i'll tell you this, i'll never be able to listen to martina mcbride again. and i thought i was dear to ya'lls hearts. but i'm getting tougher, i only cried 4 times in this post. i want a video of Jason trying to communicate to some mad russian. no more christmas in my dreams talk. and no more E-mailed Joke pictures. ha Jon

Maria said...

I might just have to stop reading your blog for a while because now I'm crying about the man crying. You're killing me!! :-) Hudson, well, he's just a doll!!!