Sunday, December 28, 2008

It snowed last night. This is the view from Jon and Janice's apartment.




















This is what happened when we told him that his youth pastor back home nick named him Little Jon!! :)


Dad's already teaching him how to dribble.





Today was great. We just hung out all day. Appointments start tomorrow. I will be home in 3 days and I am estatic about it! Jason did much better with dirty diapers today, he got within 3 feet of us! He slept all night, ate great, but missed his afternoon nap so I think he's about to crash. I will update more information tomorrow. We go to submit paperwork for his Russian paperwork and then to a medical exam. I'm glad to be busy, I don't think we can stay in the house much longer!
Janice and Jon have been so awesome. They've been so patient, supportive, and excited for us. We couldn't ask for better folks!
Jeff and Amanda brought Jacob home today. He is doing great and is adorable. I will get some pics of him and Hudson and post one. I'm so glad they are back.
God is so good. If I praised Him for 24 hours a day 7 days a week it still would not be enough! I serve an awesome God who amazes me everyday, I love Him.












7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You tell Hudson that Aunt Casey will take care of John for making him cry like that!! :) Hurry home! I love yal!

Anonymous said...

I have been to church and came over to eat dinner. I can't wait for yal to get home and see all 3 of yal... especially Hudson. I love yal!

Anonymous said...

"Jason told me that his heart was troubled and he felt he needed to spend more time with me (he is a very hard worker and his job takes up a lot of his time). I told him that was great. I got back to work on rewriting my notes and felt this was not what the Lord wanted me to speak on, for the next hour I read and felt unsettled until I came upon the scripture. The Lord spoke to me like He was sitting there in front of me. I spoke the next morning on priorities and going where God was calling you. That night I got back home, Jason and I prayed together, we knew something was going on. The next day I received a wonderful phone call telling me that we were approved to adopt! Praise God, He had been preparing our hearts!" Lindsey's first blog Jan 18, 2007
Man, has that been a long journey or what. 2 posts later you say "I am definitely in nesting mode! We are pretty sure on the name Hudson Luke Carney. Jason says that we will for sure decide when we see him!!" i love looking back, especially when you have little Jon in your arms. Btw I don't care if he cries a little over me, i've wept like an idiot over him.)i'll wrap up, this is long. and i have something in my eye. big jon

Anonymous said...

let's see, Leaving your home, your family, comfort, at a huge sacrifice of all you have, giving everything for a person who didn't even know you, just because you love him and want him to be happy forever. this story seems so familiar where have i heard it before? God loves us even more than that. Can you believe that's possible? i hope you feel so bad for making fun of me in your blog now that i got all spiritual on ya'll. I love that boy, but tell him he better not come poking around my house putting the moves on my Ellie. Jason, you just go to dive in those diapers. i use 2 boxes of wipes on every "Package." Love ya'll Jon

Anonymous said...

Yay for Hudson! I'm so excited for you guys! He's a beautiful gift from God and I'm so glad he gets to have you as a mommy!- tiffany ziegler

Anonymous said...

Guys we are so,so very happy for yall. We can not wait to Thurs. so we can actually see and meet our little cousin in person. It looks as if you all have been together forever not a few days.
We wish yall a safe and happy flight, I'm sure it will be great!

Love you all 3

Anonymous said...

Guys we are so,so very happy for yall. We can not wait to Thurs. so we can actually see and meet our little cousin in person. It looks as if you all have been together forever not a few days.
We wish yall a safe and happy flight, I'm sure it will be great!

Love you all 3