Today was pretty awesome! They let us do more with him today. We were able to take him to his crib at nap time and feed him his lunch. We also took him outside. I talked to the head Pysician and she said we could come anytime on Christmas and spend the whole day there doing whatever. She was very nice.
When we took him to his crib, the instant we walked into the room his two middle fingers stuck in his mouth. He was laid down, socks taken off and pants, he was covered up and he never moved a muscle. I didn't like it, it seemed so mechanical. But he knew to lay there and be still.
Then after nap he had lunch. They put the kids in small chairs and he ate soup. He was the only one we saw eating soup so I wasn't sure if he got that just because we were there or what. Then he had mashed potatoes with carrots in them and ground beef. They drank some sort of broth. He can feed himself, but I did it for him. The workers went from child to child feeding them very very quickly. No wonder everytime I put a bite in he was leaning down for another one.
Then as soon as they are done with lunch they immediately take them to a room and sit them all on a potty chair. They took him from me and when he came back he had been crying. I'm not sure how this whole thing works.
But things seem to be going well. When we walked into his room and he was sitting at his chair waiting to eat, when he saw us he threw his arms up in air towards us and when the caretaker told us to go sit down at another table he started crying. Then when we took him back to his room for his afternoon nap the caretaker took him and he was reaching back for me whinning. That made me feel so much better because he doesn't ever cry for the caretakers but he really likes them and will reach out for them when they come to get him for nap or lunch. So it was good to see him want us over them.
13 comments:
God has gven you an happy loving child. His need for love is evident. Such a happy child. You are blessed. I want to hold him just looking at his beautiful face.
Emma was the same way about sleeping and in some ways she still is and it's been 3 months. I will never forget the first night with her and how she cried while I tried to put her to sleep. She just wanted to be left alone and lay down. Even now she doesn't get upset when I lay her down or after she wakes up. It's so obvious she was used to waiting her turn. These little orphanage guys are tough. They have had to be.
I can't wait for Emma and Hudson to meet. He's a dream and I am so happy for you guys. Those eyes of his will melt many hearts! They already have:)
Mayme
so let me get this straight. you were sad that when it was time for a nap, he laid down and went to sleep? you have a lot to learn grasshopper. there is nothing wrong with structure. i think its harder on a kid for mom and dad to be poking their head in the room every 3 minutes saying just go to sleep, baby. He is cute, just like his uncle Jon. if he is potty trained before Ellie i'm hiring a russian nanny. Jon
That is the sweetest face I've ever seen! When are ya'll coming home with him? Stars and stripes scarf... priceless. Beshears
What a happy baby! You are so blessed! I wouldn't worry about the nap thing though. I would have loved to have one little person we both know go down easily for a nap. Oh well, we miss you and can't wait to see you guys!
Ben, Melissa and Jordan
Linds and Jason- I personally think he will fit in good if he eats fast... around all of us Heads he's gotta be first in line and eat fast so he can have seconds before they are all gone!! :) Don't worry about the nap deal... when he gets home his Aunt Casey is going to have him so jacked up on sugar that when I bring him home he will never sleep for you!! Ha! But seriously, I can see how that would have been uneasy to see that he is suppose to act a certain way when really he is just suppose to act like a baby. I love the pictures. I can't wait to see yal... 2 weeks seem like FOREVER! I love yal!
Well, I want to rock him to sleep!!!!!!!!!
Those are the cutest pictures ever!!! ♥
Loretta says she can't wait to meet Hudson and give him hugs and kisses. She said he is a cutie patootie. She can't wait to play with him. Hurry home! We love you!!!!!
Lots of love from Tennessee!!!
Mom
I Love How cute he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would like to teach him to color.
I hope he gets toys for Christmas!
did you know that I have 4 loose teeth?
love, Loretta
Love the pictures! Thank you for taking the time to post them! If it makes you feel any better both of my girls did the same at nap time...wanted to lay down and be left alone...who knows. We can't wait to meet Hudson. Be safe and come home soon!
Paige and family
Jason and Linds, I am so HAPPY for you both. I know how wonderful it must of been for him to be holding out his little arms for YOU--HIS MOM!!! How awesome does that sound? I love you guys and can't wait to meet my sweet little cous. Don't leave him on the plane(Ha) Hugs and kisses Tracy
I can't stop looking at his precious face. ♥ Seeing you with him, and how happy you all are, just fills my heart with joy! ♥
Everyone at school has been praying for you to be able to get him for Christmas, and also for your safe return. I've had a steady stream in my office the past few days to see the most recent pictures, of course they all think he is adorable and want you to bring him to school so they can meet him someday. (I think today's pictures were the favorite of everyone)
Can hardly wait for you to all be home!!! Time seems to be creeping by!
Miss you! Love you!!!
Hugs and Kisses....Mom
Alli says, "I miss you and I hope you get back soon. I love you and Hudson is very,very cute."
Abbi says, "I can't wait until you get back. Hudson is adorable and he looks like Jason. I love you very much and I miss you."\
Alli says to Jason I love you and I miss you very much!
Abbi says, Come back soon!!!
Ash & Aus love and miss you lots!
He is just a doll! I'm glad things are going well. And there's only a few more nights that he has to go to bed without you guys!
Post a Comment