While most of you are wrapping up Christmas it is morning here in Moscow. Thought I would share with you our plans for today and let you know not to expect any pictures until tomorrow!
We are going to go to the orphanage early so that we can get back to the embassy before lunch time. We have much to do and I'm not complaining about it. I want to be busy today so it will pass by quickly, I'm ready for tomorrow to be here. I have to wash clothes (after today we are no longer riding the metro-woohoo-so I can get the funky metro smell off of our jackets), grocery shopping, clean our room, go ahead and cook for tomorrow so it won't be hectic, clean toys that we have taken to the orphanage, etc.
Saturday morning we will meet a driver and Olga, go to the vital records and get his paperwork, birth certificate, etc. then go to the orphanage and pick him up. I am so glad Olga is going with us so that we can have a translater in the orphanage. I have some questions for them. But mostly I want to thank them for, well, I have a lot to thank them for and tell them how for 2 years and 4 months we prayed for them and God totally answered our prayers. Then we will come back to the embassy and just be parents! How cool does that sound? I'll say it again.. we're going to just be parents!!
Yesterday when it was just me and Jason here I was in the kitchen washing dishes and Jason came in. He asked if I could believe that us two were fixin to be parents, that we were going to be a part of Hudson's life for as long as we live. He kept pointing back and forth from me to him saying, "us two"! Then we slow danced to Silent Night. Now before you say, "aaaawww", I'm certain this was a way to get out of helping me do dishes. He knows I'm a sucker for slow dancing.
One last thing that I thought was neat. Yesterday at the orphanage we met a lady who is a therapist. She comes in the orphanage and works with children on their fine motor skills, speech therapy, physical therapy, etc. She spoke enough english to tell me that Hudson walked about a month late, mentally he is good, he is speaking a little but she said now is the time he will begin speaking, he is very happy, and we sat in while she worked with him on his fine motor skills.
5 comments:
Hi Hudson's mama and daddy!!!! Love you!!!! Just one more night!!!
Dad got me a new camera for Christmas, can't wait to fill it up with pictures of "all" my grandchildren!
We'll be so happy when you get home!
Lots of Love, Hugs, and Kisses ♥ ♥ ♥
Christmas wasn't the same without yal... I wouldn't let Aunt Debbie take our family pic like always bc yal weren't there!! Tomorrow is going to be awesome. He gets to come home with yal on Mom's birthday! I can't wait to have yal home! I love and miss yal!
Missed you everyday but especially yesterday! What a birthday present a grandson can't wait to see the three of you. Jennifer said she had been keeping up with your blog. Everyone asked about you all and looked at the blog.Love & Miss Ya
Lindsey,
I'm just now catching up on blogs. Oh, I have been crying over your posts this past week. Hudson is absolutely beautiful and looks like the most delightful child. You are all truly blessed! What a Christmas to remember!
I can just hear the angels in haaven singing praises about another child of God that has been united with his family -- a family that will raise him to know and love our wonderful Lord!
P.S. The shirt he wore on Christmas day is TOO CUTE!!!
Jason and Lindey, Congradulations, what a wonderful Christmas. He is so cute. We can't wait for yall to get home. Laken will love playing with him. We will have so much fun this summer in the pool with him (hope he like the water). Be safe, we love you. Gyle, Shelley and Laken
Post a Comment