Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Court Details

Okay, so I wanted to tell you all about court. We arrived with Amanda and Jeff and Anna, our tranlater. Everything was going good until the court reporter came out and started talking to Anna. She came over to us and said the judge and prosecutor were very concerned about our age. Oh great, my biggest fear! Anna said we could expect to be asked a lot of questions and we should be extremely detailed. She was very worried and was drilling us. My stomach was full of butterflies but there was peace in my heart. Then a lady that was suposed to come from the orphanage district for us never showed up. I'm not sure who she is but she needed to be there to sign papers. So then they weren't sure if they were even going to hear our case. But the judge finally decided to hear it. I spoke first and answered most of the questions. The judge was very nice and it was nothing like they made it out to be. When Jason got up and answered a few questions he was very nervous. So when he was walking away the judge said something and everyone started laughing and the translater told me she said he looked scared to death! The judge and the head physician of our orphanage cut up about how they were our age when they had their children. At the end after they announced that we are Hudson's parents I put my hand on my heart and told the judge "Thank you so much" and she nodded and then cut up with us telling us to be good and raise a good family. Isn't this just another way for us to give all the glory to God! I just kept thinking about how we are under His wing and He's carried us this far, He's not going to drop us now! I just love Him!

We didn't find out if we get to have him for Christmas. Turns out that is not up to the judge but it's up to the head physician. She said it was okay for us to have him on the 24th but she has to check with a social worker. So hopefully we will know this tomorrow. When she says yes, I will have our son in a week!!

He was great to get his pictures for the passport. It was less than a minute down the road. He looked out the windows the whole time.

We are so in love. He will just look up at us and laugh and give us this big cheezey grin. When I was slipping him the fruit bar today I would tear off a piece and I would shake my head yes and then he would shake his yes and laugh and then open his mouth up sooo wide! He has 4 front teeth and 4 bottom teeth and then a molar on each side of his mouth. I think he 's getting pretty comfortable around us because he went to throw his first fit. Jason wouldn't let him by and so he threw the little phone and sort of screamed, of course Mom had some things to say to him in her mean voice!! But we've been told that when they feel comfortable enough in front of you to show you that side of them then that is good.

Off to bed!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jason and Lindsey,
Thank God that everything went the way that it did. I am so happy for yall and for Hudson to have two parents that love him like yall do! I can imagine how intimidating it must of been being in court not being able to understand anything that was being said without the translater. (I dont blame Jason for looking scared to death). Good luck tomorrow!
Will

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I am sooooo excited for you all! Hudson is very blessed to have you two! John and I have watched the blog everyday! I squeeled when I read today and called him and squeeled again! We wish you the Merriest Christmas EVER! ----Sally and John Meredith

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all three of you! God is so wonderful, isn't he? I can't wait to see you guys. This is the best Christmas ever!

We miss you!

Melissa, Jordan and Ben

Anonymous said...

again...Hallelujah! linds i LOVE those pictures. that's gotta be the best batch of them yet. the one of you kissing his scrunchie face and then him sticking his tongue out...i just love it! prayers answered! :)
~mandy j

Anonymous said...

you bring that kid to me. i'll put some weight on him, it's my specialty. i would love to have seen Jason sweat. praying for you.
Jon

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason and Lindsey,
So glad to hear everything went good in court. I can't imagine how you must of felt, but knowing the outcome it's well worth it. Little Hudson is so lucky to have 2 parents who love him so much. Can't wait to see you both with him at church. Not only will he have a family that loves him at home, but he will also have a family at church who will love him as well. We are praying for you and can't wait for you to be home as a family.

Love and prayers,
Pam Brown