Friday, April 10, 2009

Chickens




I think this is the only time he's held one correct :)


This is how they are normally held, by their neck!


Poor chicks, they're all scrambline from the neck wringer and the wing puller!!

Yesterday Hoss and Smitty (one of Hoss' friends) come in with a little brown box holding 6 chicks. Hudson immediately started saying "boc, boc, boc" and he loved them. I felt sorry for the little things when he got his hands on them! He didn't care how he was holding them as long as he had one. I thought I had them all put away in their spot on the back porch and him talked into coming and washing his hands and then before I knew it he was bringing them one by one back into the kitchen. I've always wanted chickens so we could raise our own eggs but was scared to get them because of our dogs. But now I'm not worried if they'll survive the dogs, I'm worried if they'll survive the Hudson!
You know I'm a daddy's girl but I have officially been booted! When he came in with them yesterday I said, "I've always wanted chickens." (And my Dad has always known this.) But I was corrected! "These are Hudson's chickens!" Maybe I should tell him Hudson wants a new saddle for when he's older so we better get him a size 16, I bet that's what size he'll need when he's a teenager! Or maybe Hudson needs one of those mule things (you know that look like a mix between a 4-wheeler and a golf cart), but Hudson wants one with a dump bed on it so he can easily dump manuer out of it! I think I'm just going to make a list of Hudson's wants and put it on Hoss' pillow ;)
I plan on having lots of pics for Monday because I am so excited about this weekend and I'm going to be crazy mom with a camera! He has his first Easter Egg hunt tomorrow morning at our church. There will be over 4,000 eggs and lots of games so everyone reading this blog should come on Saturday morning from 10:30-noon to Bethel Church on Moseley Ferry Road (e-mail me for directions). And then of course Sunday is Easter and ya'll know I'm no fashion expert, but I do have us some cute outfits and we will all be matching. So Mandy, I'm sorry for always picking on you guys for matching your clothes because now I'm doing it :) You know I love ya'!
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter. I have been studying and very curious about Jewish customs and I think that we as a family are going to have our own Easter traditions because I don't want Easter to be about the Easter bunny and lots of gifts, etc. I like the idea of Passover meal and I think it would be a good way to learn/teach more about the last supper. Easter is so much more than putting on a pretty outfit and going to church. This is when my Savior ate the passover meal and washed their feet and then left for the Kidron Valley, taking every step, knowing what was coming, but pressing on for me and you towards his brutal death. The beating he took, the mocking, I think I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it. And the thorns on his head. You know, I was in the woods hiding easter eggs this past week and got a briar in my hand. I'm no sissy but it stung and I immediately pulled it out and rubbed it. But I gotta tell you, it was tiny! Can you imagine wearing a crown of thorns, if one little thorn feels like that, what would many feel like? I'm sure the blood dripped off His chin as they pressed into his flesh. And that was my sin that held Him on that cross, mine. He did all of this for me, I don't deserve this. He did all of this for all of us! And death could not defeat Him-praise God! This is what Easter is all about! Our Savior arose from the grave on that third day, and He lives! I know it because He lives in my heart and I hope He's in your heart, too! Happy Easter!






2 comments:

Melissa said...

How adorable. The poor chicks though. Hudson the chick strangler. The seemed to fair ok in the end though.

It is amazing how Grandparents act though. Colby loves all of his grandparents and they love him. They act so different around him. Very cute!
Melissa

Maria said...

Oh poor poor chickens. I saw those last weekend at Owen Farm (wonder if THEY made it). Oh, and get over that whole grandparent thing. I'm LOW on the totem pole now that there is two. It was HORRIBLE when there was one. Now... ridiculous.