Wednesday, April 22, 2009

MUD!




I took these pictures with my phone this morning while we were at the barn. Yesterday he lost his shoe in this same mud puddle. Today he plopped down in it after stomping around and rolling his tractor through it. I still had one more horse to ride so he then went out into the arena and sat/played in the sand. Needless to say my washing machine is full of muddy clothes (today and yesterdays).
Before Hudson I used to think about certain things all the time, some of you might think I'm goofy and most of you know that I just am. I used to dream about playing in the mud and him getting dirty. As long as he's not in his church clothes then I don't mind. With what me and Jason do for a living we stay dirty. The other day Hudson was in the arena and was picking up handfuls of sand and putting them on his head and saying "yaaahhh". Most of the time when we leave the barn he's muddy or has sand caked all over his face (especially where he drools :) So far I'm loving this little boy stuff.
The other thing I used to think constantly about...Mine and Jason's closet is in Hudson's room. Every Sunday I used to think about sneaking past his crib while he was still asleep and picking out our Sunday clothes. Crazy, I know, but this past Sunday he was still sleeping when I went to get my clothes and I tip toed past his crib, got the clothes, looked at him sleeping, and then snuck back out. I just re-read this paragraph and realize how goofy it sounds but oh well. When you wait for 2 years and 4 months for your child you think about all kinds of little things and then when those dreams become reality you step back, take a deep breath, and thank the Lord! His grace is sufficient for me.


2 comments:

Mayme said...

Aren't boys fun! Won't be long until you will find all kinds of goodies in his pockets!

Your post didn't sound goofy at all!

TJuana said...

All I can say is wow, I just came here and my heart is bubbling over with joy for your sweet family. I pray that your everydays are filled with memories like these. I love your story and I will look forward to your updates from now on.
TJuana Staton