Wednesday, April 15, 2009

First Big Booboo

We had our first scare this afternoon and what we thought was going to be a trip to the ER but thank the Lord it wasn't. When we were walking into church tonight going down a little hill, Hudson fell on the asphalt and caught himself with his mouth. He has a bottom lip that is busted up pretty good and his top two teeth seem to be pushed back a little. There was a lot of blood and it took it about an hour to finally stop bleeding. Thankfully we go to church with some really awesome people. Beth who called her pediatric dentist, Angie who is a nurse and also made a few calls, Jamie who is also a nurse helped us out, Carrie gave us moral support :) We were going to take him to the emergency room because that is what the pediatrician suggested then we talked to the dentist, Dr. McNutt, who was extremely reassuring and gave us lots of information. Pretty much, his teeth will readjust (they're not that bad anyways) and he could close his mouth and his top teeth were still in front of his bottom teeth so they wouldn't need readjusting. We fed him yogurt and applesauce because they are both cold and we couldn't exactly get him to keep ice on. He's now in the bathtub playing and is as happy as could be. When we fed him we let him watch some veggie tales which also made him happy.

Jason was behind us when it happened. I thought I was holding his hand but he said I wasn't, but I still feel awful because I was next to him and didn't catch him. It scared me because when I picked him up all I saw was blood. Hopefully he'll sleep good and this won't bother him too bad, he sucks on his fingers when he sleeps. I'm sure he'll be sore tomorrow so say a little prayer for him.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Poor little guy! That first big booboo is terrible. We have had a few bumps but nothing really bad. I'm certainly not looking forward to it, but I guess it will come. I hope he feels better soon.
Melissa

mandy j said...

wow. i'm so sorry. we haven't had any scares like that YET (if we have i guess i've forgotten about them). hopefully he won't be too sore today. OH! and i LOVE ya'alls easter pics. you are SO pretty and the boys look cute too. wish i lived closer...i'd have a cute dress to come borrow. :)