Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Things have been busy and emotional. Busy: Yesterday was the longest I have ever been away from Hudson. Lauren, Jordan, and myself went to Bowling Green to a horse show. Jordan showed in Ranch Riding and won first place and Lauren showed in Ranch Riding and Ranch Reining, she won first place in ranch reining. They have been working so hard and they really deserved it. I did not show because the horse I've been training to show had an abcess and had to take 2 weeks off. But this fellow was having a hard time with his horse and I rode it for him and now he is bringing the horse in for training tomorrow. So it was a great day for Treasure 2 Farm.
Jason had mommy duty all morning. He thought he was going to be able to do some work, run some errands, and have Hudson fed, potty, and down for a nap all in a matter of 2-3 hours! I told him that it wasn't going to happen but some things are better left to learn on your own! At 2:00 I called and Hudson was just eating lunch (usually he would have been asleep for close to 2 hours). I had to giggle at Jason saying he had gotten nothing done-he had just taken a walk in my shoes!! My wonderfully amazing Meemaw came down here while Hudson slept and then watched him until I got home. Jason's best friend, Ben, is getting married this coming Saturday and some guys got together and grilled out down by Ben's creek so Jason didn't get the full day of being Mr. Mom.
But Jason gets 2 thumbs up because this morning I had to bake for church and he woke up and did breakfast for Hudson, potty, dressed him, and got him and everything else in the car! We had homecoming today and y'all know I'm NOT a morning person but I had fed 24 horses and been to HG Hill's and back before 8:00. Then I baked 4 batches of cookies and made some cheddar cheese biscuits before church. Take that Martha Stewart!
Emotional: Our pastor resigned on Wednesday and I'm not going to lie, my stomach fell into my feet when our associate pastor announced it. Jason and I started going to Bethel together a little over 6 years ago, it's a very special place. And the people are like family. When you spend Sunday morning and afternoon and Wednesday night with these people every week you just love them and you grow with them. And Jason does Tuesday night visitation and also has Trustee meetings and sometimes I think more time is spent with our church family than with our blood family. And this was a shock, a very unexpected shock, but I know God has big plans for Bethel and we will press on. God's not only in our present but he's in the future and we're going to be alright. I'm ready to be ready to put my foot forward and to look forward to the plans God has for me, my family, and our church!
We are going to take Hudson to the creek this afternoon when he wakes up and I'll take the camera and hopefully get some cute pics!!
No comments:
Post a Comment