These first set of pics are from the second day we were home. Sheryl, Jeanna, Robert, and Loretta came over.
He has loved exploring the house and he LOVES all of his toys.
Grandmom and Grandad gave him his first rocking horse for Christmas.
We tried to get some good pics of the 3 grandkids, but weren't very successful. He kept wanting "Mama" which I was not complaining!


He's pretty cute in camo!
All the pics below are from the night we got home.
Grandmom and Loretta
My mom is still not sure what she wants to be called.
My girls and their posters.
He was already putting the move on Jordin. They were too cute!
Best friend, Mandy, who I think cried enough for all of us put together! She and my mom spent the afternoon taking turn crying the day we were coming home, I was cracking up listening to her tell me about it.
Grandad
Meeting Meemaw and Granny
Loretta
Aunt Jeanna
First time to be held by Papaw
We were all so tired!Today I'm hanging out on the couch and letting Jason play Mr. Mom. I'm not feeling so well and I hope it just passes, I was up for about 3 hours last night and drank 1/2 a thing of Pepto. My biggest concern is that Hudson does not get sick.
Overall I feel like his transition has been smooth, I can't wait to get on a good routine. Nap time has been a battle the past few days but the past 3 nights he has slept the entire night which is so awesome. We are having some eating issues which are pretty common with adopted children. He seems to have some texture issues. My friend Cydil gave us some pointers we are going to use and see if it will get better. But the biggest problem we are having is him going to everyone. He definitely prefers mom and dad but if someone comes in the house he walks right up to them, it's really bothering me. I think we need LOTS of alone time with him and no one else. But I know that our family has waited over 2 years for him and they are so excited, but I think we are just going to have to be firm.
All that being said here are some random Hudson thoughts. He is so happy and the only time we see him upset is when he's getting sleepy. He loves to walk in our bedroom and reappear in about 30 seconds. He is picking up on some more english. He knows when I say "Come on" that we are going somewhere, when he's ready to go he holds his arms up wanting you to pick him up and says "Bye Bye". We're pretty sure he called my dad "Papa" the other night. He does not want to get out of the bath tub but when he does get out he shivers and sometimes his teeth will chatter. And it's very hot in the bathroom, we'll be almost sweating! He no longer has to crawl to something and pull himself up, he can stand up on his own in the middle of the floor. He has figured out how to go down the little step in his bedroom without falling. I could go on and on!
Oh, and he loves animals. He thinks Andy is hilarious and last night he was in the kitchen smiling at Foxxy. Foxxy is our stray who has been here for 3 years but is still very skiddish. Howevery, she loves me :) She's normally the most skiddish around children and men but the other night I was sitting in his room with him and she snuck up behind him and sniffed his hair, I don't even think he knew she was there. Then later that night she was laying below the couch and let him touch her 3 times. It was very sweet.

2 comments:
Some of the things you are saying sounds so much like Emma. She has certainly had lots of texture issues and those are slowly getting better. But how frustrating! I also understand how you feel about him going to others so easily. Emma will go right to most men but takes a while to warm up to women. Weird. It still bothers me and we have been home for a while now. I say stick to your guns and try to restrict others holding him too much. It's so hard but I wish that I had done it more. They will understand and they know that you just want to do what's best for Hudson.
I hope you feel better soon!
Mayme
Oh, and Emma can shiver and chatter her teeth with the best of them!
Routines are definitely good...not only for Hudson, but you and Jason too. I can't begin to imagine the many things going on in your head. Remember to breathe daily! You and Jason have to do what is best for your sweet boy. If you guys feel more alone time is needed, go with your gut and try not to beat yourself up. Easier said than done I'm sure. I pray for you an easy heart, a calm tummy, and a routine! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all involved! We love you- Chad, Paige and girls
Post a Comment