Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sweet Story

This past Sunday we went to Mt. Carmel which is the church where I grew up. Jason was sick so it was just me and the little man. At the entrance of the sanctuary we were talking to some folks when one of my students, Diana, came up and gave me a big hug. She had tears in her eyes, she had been waiting to see Hudson! I had already decided before I got there that I would let her hold him even if it was for a short while (I've been really trying to stick to the no holding thing), but Diana HAD to! So I handed him off while I took his jacket and blanket off. Those tears in her eyes never went away.

Diana was also adopted. She is now a freshman in high school and a very special girl to me. While we were waiting I don't think a week ever went by that she didn't ask me how the adoption was going or had we heard anything. I also remember the day I told her about him, she was SO SO excited!

But my favorite part is that she and Hudson share the same court date. When I posted our court date on the blog she was so excited and went and told her mom, Pam, about their court dates being on the same day. How awesome that out of 365 days in a year, Diana and Hudson would have the same court date. The same day Pam and I both knew for sure that our children would be forever in our homes, there's nothing like it!

It has meant a lot to me that a young lady has shown so much interest in our adoption. I'm sure her thoughtfulness and excitement has came from her own story and also knowing that Hudson has his forever family where he is loved ever so much. But it's not just about children finding homes. So many people have commented to us (and I'm sure every person who is and has adopted) about what a wonderful thing we are doing for a child. But what about what that child is doing for us! Hudson has filled a hole in this ol' girls heart, he's brought more to me than he'll ever know. I'm sure Pam feels the same way about Diana, don't we all adopted mom's??!!

So, Hudson, thanks for lighting up my life. I am honored to be YOUR Mommy!

No comments: