Friday, January 2, 2009

Home At Last

I don't think I've ever been so happy to pull up at our little love shack. It is so great to be at home!

Our plane rides were pretty rough, but we made it in one piece. He cried a lot to Prague and then when we arrived they were boarding for our next flight. He did great until the last 4 hours and then he screamed at the top of his lungs for about 30 minutes. Neither one of us could comfort him and then Jason looked at me and said "Oh my goodness", then rushed to the bathroom. He had a bad case of diarrhea. After this he was back fine. I gave him some medicine for his tummy. I think trying to get him to drink so his ears would feel okay, we gave him too much apple juice and it upset his tummy. We landed in Atlanta where my good friend Hannah met us and took us north of Atlanta to meet Casey and Will. It was great getting to see Hannah and her 3 1/2 month old, Gabe. By this time we were all 3 exhausted. We had slept about 30 minutes each and he had only slept about 4 hours. About the time he fell asleep in Hannah's truck we had to get him out and put him in the Sequoia. He slept about 3 hours on the way home. I was SO SO happy to see Casey. And I'm pretty sure she was happy to see me, but Hudson stole her heart. I don't think Will got a kiss last night because Casey gave them all to Hudson!

Then we went to the church. Sheryl (Jason's mom) met us at the door crying, then we went over to my mom who was also crying. Then I took him to see Meemaw and Granny, at this point I think everyone was crying. But the first person I let hold him was my Daddy. Hudson loved his cowboy hat and didn't mind it when dad put it on him. All of the immediate family held him. He would go to them, but when he spotted me or Jason he would reach out for us. That is a good sign. Friends from church were there, some of my students, and my best friend Mandy came in from Arkansas. It was an amazing thing, I loved seeing everyone and them seeing Hudson. He handled it very well, I think we stayed for about and hour or so and then it was time to go to the house!

Everyone at Bethel-thanks for coming, it meant more to us than you'll ever know. The support system has been HUGE for us during this whole process. And thanks for the food, too. Today Jason and I have been snacking while trying to get things done around the house. I don't know what I would have to do if I had to cook something right now! You guys are just so awesome! Don't you know you make God smile!

When we came home our house had been decorated by my students, Jordan, Lauren, Haley, and Abby. There were posters, streamers, and balloons everywhere. It was too cute and he had a blast crawling through all of the balloons and hitting them. He played for a while and explored then ate something and finally took a bath. Fell to sleep around midnight. He woke up once in the night for about 15 minutes and then went back to sleep. He slept until 6:45, which is great beause that's what time he woke up in Moscow. Then in Moscow he would nap from 10-noon, 2-4:00. He fell asleep this morning at 10:10, so hopefully this will continue to go good.

I need to get back to doing laundry and putting things away. Much to do during nap time! I will post pictures tomorrow of everything. I also took pics this morning of his first time on a horse, first tractor ride with PawPaw, and first time to see cows. He loved it. And he likes the dog and especially my cat raisin when he jumped up on the hay to see Hudson. Okay, he's sitting in his bed talking, I'll post more tomorrow.

God is so good, isn't He!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy yall are back home. Hudson is absolutely precious! I'm so glad you liked your house, and Hudson loved the balloons. And I bet he loves all the animals too. :]]
I can't wait to see yall again. I love yall. :]]

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME...Jason, Lindsey and Hudson. So proud you are all home safely! You're my hero for all that travel...I know you did what you had to but wow are you great! You can do anything now! See you soon. Chad, Paige and girls

Anonymous said...

So sorry we missed you at church, Serame and I are sick! But we will see you soon. We have some presents for lil man. You had me crying again today, whats up with that? Beshears Family

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Welcome Home!!! Whooohoooooo!!!!