Thursday, January 8, 2009

Best Friends

Meet Andy (and Foxxy in the background). Andy is our 8 month old lab. He and Hudson were inseperable last night. Jason and I laughed and laughed at them. They followed each other around everywhere. I wish I could have found my camera when Hudson was crawling all over him but I didn't know where it was.
This isn't the best picture but shows you how Andy went everywhere Hudson went.
Hudson playing in his room.
Both of them enjoying a toy that lights up and plays music.
This picture and the one below were taken back to back. Hudson would throw the ball and Andy would chase it down. While Andy was running after it Hudson would throw his arms in the air and scream, "yay". It was the first time we've heard Hudson make the "Y" sound.

Andy would bring the ball back and drop it and wait for Hudson to pick it up.
They did it over and over!

He loved throwing the ball for Andy.
Everyday we feel much better. The past two nights we have both gotten good sleep. Jason went back to working today. But I am so thankful he stayed home for almost a week. And winters are slow for him so he can be very flexible. Yesterday we sent off our paperwork to register Hudson at the Russian Consulate in D.C. and we turned in health insurance information both of those things were at the top of my to do list since we've been home and I'm so relieved now that they are done. Hopefully I can get the rest of the paperwork finished soon.
Also yesterday we bought a new washer and dryer. Saturday my washing machine quit working and my mom has been washing our clothes. Our dryer is also on it's way out. It takes an hour and a half to dry a load of clothes so we decided to get a set. It arrives on Friday and I'm very excited! Also got a hand mixer and a blender. Is it sad that we were married for 5 1/2 years and never used a blender?!
So glad we have the blender. Since we are having texture issues and feeding him anything besides mashed potatoes and oatmeal is a battle, I decided to puree the food we eat and see what he thinks. I made spaghetti, smelled good, but didn't look good pureed! But he loved it and ate every bit of it and didn't hold any of it in his mouth.
Now if we can get him to sleep a little more than 1 hour per day!
This coming Monday we go to Vanderbilt where he will see specialists that only work with internationally adopted children. He will see a pediatrician, developmental pschycologist, and occupational therapist. I am looking forward to talking with these doctors and asking them my many questions. I am not looking forward to having to be there at 8 a.m.!!

4 comments:

Cydil said...

Ellie and (our dog) Reagan play the same game! Hudson looks like quite the drooler! Must have some big 'uns coming in!
Glad to read that you're all feeling better and the pureed food is working! Take care, Cydil

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Lexi's appointment at Vandy is 10:15. I'll probably have the whole crew with me so we'll be hard to miss! Hope to see you there! Kim

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you guys Sunday. Hudson is so precious! God is GREAT!

James, Tara and Austin Lee

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
Grandpa Jerry (I'm afraid we've known each other a long time)sent me your website while you were still gone, and I love looking at all the pictures and reading the updates! Looks like you have got yourself one beautiful little guy, and he is lucky to have such wonderful,loving parents. Hope everything goes well today.

ann mason (tell Jason I'm Mike's wife, or he won't recognize my name!)