Friday, October 31, 2008

Paperwork

This morning Jason and I were fingerprinted (I think this is the 4th time!). Would our fingerprints change that much!? I received an e-mail on Wednesday from our social worker wanting to know when we could have the final part of our paperwork finished. We had been told before that we were not to do our fingerprints or go to the dr. because it is time sensitive. It must be done within 3 months of our court date. So the last of our paperwork should be mailed off at the end of next week. That's a celebration all in itself because I have never seen so much paperwork as I have with the adoption process!!

We are almost positive I will stay over in Russia between our next trips. But I will first of course, run it past our wonderful host family!! Janice and Jon are the best, we felt so at home and relaxed with them. We have talked a lot since we left Russia about how thanful we are for them and we don't know what we would have done without them.

Our plan is for Jason to come back home to work and I'm hoping my sister can come over to Russia to help me with the trip back home. We asked my Russian friend Lena if she wanted to go. She has a sister who lives in Moscow. She really wanted to but she just started a new job last Monday and isn't going to be able to. I really hope Casey can go. Her college exams will be the first week of December and then she has a few more basketball games and this year she has a longer Christmas break for basketball so the timing may work out for her to get to go.

Next Friday I am taking my dad for hip surgery. He's supposed to be on crutches for 4-6 weeks. I told him I was kicking him out at Baptist Hospital, going shopping, and then picking him up and making him walk without crutches to the bed when we got back home! Before you all gasp, I'm just joking! I may get to dish out some of what he gave me growing up, though. The only time he ever showed me pitty was after I had jaw surgery, woke up dry heaving with my jaws wired shut, cried like a baby (I'm talking major crying here) all the way home with my head up on the dash. When he went to get my pain medicine at the pharmacy he patted me on the back and said, "I'll be right back, you'll be alright." Otherwise it was always, "What are you crying for, I can't feel anything" or "I'm gonna give you something to cry about". Yes, the rod ruled our house and me and Casey turned out just fine!!

Okay, I'm done rambling and taking a stroll down memory lane! Hope you all have a good Halloween!

No comments: