We started the day out going to the Ministry of Education. We met with 3 women and they asked us what we do for a living and what we have done with our home to accomodate a child. We signed a paper and left. It was much easier than I thought it would be, it probably only took about 10 minutes.
Then we went to Orphanage #22. We met with the physician first. She went over the paperwork that we already have. In Sep. he was seen by specialists and they all said he is healthy. His heart murmur has closed so that is awesome. Then they took us to this very small space with a couch in it and brought him up. I teared up at first and then I was so excited. He sat there and looked at us for about the first 10 min. and then I got a smile out of him. He really like the little toys we brought and before long we had him laughing, his is so happy. The things we were prepared for we didn't see. He made great eye contact and loved to be held up close, his motor skills seemed to be good and he is very observative. Jason called him nosy because anytime he heard anything he was looking that way. He loved to bounce and rock. We put him on a play horse and rocked it back and forth. When we would stop he would start rocking himself. You will see below he loved my lips. He would touch them and then I would pretend I was going to eat his fingers and he would pull his hand back and then stick his little finger back up to my lips. He is definitely cutting some teeth and drooling like crazy. He has 4 teeth on the top and 2 on the bottom with one cutting through the gums. He like Jason a lot which was great because a lot of the kids are scared of men because they have never seen them but we saw 2 men in the orphanage so that was good.
I have the cutest video of him laughing so hard, I'll have to post it when we get home. Our little man is so much fun. He's awesome, we couldn't ask for more. This is all I can think of right now, we are still running wide open with excitement! I'll post more in the morning of other things I can think of. So, last but not least, I loved singing to him (although he may not have enjoyed my voice:), "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands." And He sure does, doesn't He! I told Hudson, He's got Pleasant View, Tn in His hands, He's got Moscow Russia in His Hands, He's got the whole world in His Hands!! We want to give all the glory to God!!
5 comments:
Hey Lindsey! What a great report! What a photogenic little boy! He's going to thrive with you and Jason! Are you going to get to see his room eventually? What will your visits be like until you have to return to the States? Will you get a chance to see his routine, what he eats, etc? (sorry for the 20 questions!!!) Again, so happy for you!
i sent bail money to the american embassy in Russia, because i feel a kidnapping coming on. He'll be home in no time. i already love our newest member of the youth group. love ya'll Jon
What a beautiful family you all make. He is absolutely adorable..all that hair and what a beautiful smile. I know it has been a long wait but you have finally met your son and felt the same joy that we felt when we met our son for the first time. Adoption is such a blessing! We can't wait to meet him. Take care and may God continue to bless your journey. The Werner Family
HE IS AWESOME! i got to a computer as quick as i could to see the little man...i can't wait till he's home Linds! we're already showing isaac pics so he'll know who Hudson is. you & jason look like you're enjoying your time with him. congratulations - welcome to the mommy club! :) love you girl!
Oh Jason and Lindsey, I am so happy for you. I can't get the tears wiped from my eyes quick enough. With each picture I get more and more teary eyed. I love him already and he's not even here yet. Know that all of you are constantly in my prayers. I'm praying something extraordinary happens and they let you go ahead and bring him home. Love you all. Cherri
Post a Comment