Alexander the Great
Standing on the bridge that goes over the Moscow River in front of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior

Us with Janice and Jon
This was awesome to see with our own eyes-St. Basil's Cathedral
So today we spent 7 hours touring Moscow, let's just say my shoes are definitley broken in now! We rode the Metro, which was CRAZY!! The Metro moves over 10million people per day, so today it was 10 million and 2 hicks from Pleasant View :) It was awesome to see some of these things in person that I had been looking at online for the past few months. Janice and Jon are awesome hosts, we've learned a lot about Moscow and Janice has given me some really good ideas for Hudson (like to buy a Russian cartoon dvd for him). We are going to try and get him at least 16 small gifts for his gotcha' days.
It is really starting to hit me that I will meet our son in less than 24 hours. This is the moment I have been waiting for, the moment I've dreamed about. But today I found myself thinking so often of his birthmother. I am sure we walked the same streets she has and did I stand where she had stood on the metro. Could I have passed by her. Does she know that the tears she cried the day she walked out of the hospital have brought me tears of joy. One of the hardest decisions for her has been the greatest blessing to us. I thank God for her and hope that one day I'll meet her in Glory and share the warmest embrace.
5 comments:
Hi Jason and Lindsey!!!!!
Glad to see you enjoying the sights. The pictures are wonderful, Russia has some beautiful scenery. Glad you are getting to see some of this big ole world together...the Cathedrals are amazingly beautiful, but the people standing in front of them are the most awesome sight!! You look so happy!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of all of you together tomorrow!!!! God bless you and keep you safe
Love you bunches and bunches!!!! Hugs to everyone, and a huge kiss for Hudson!
The pictures are great!! Are yal freezing over there? I hope Jason's jacket is keeping him warm. :) I think yal are sleeping now and I can't believe when you wake up you get to see Hudson... Leena is painting and I went to meet her. It was so exciting thinking that Hudson will have such a cool room when he gets here. Hurry and put pictures up as soon as you can... it's driving me crazy!! I love yal so much!! Oh, and I went to see Nana today and she is SO excited! Ok, call me when you can...
That first picture kinda looks like an alien spaceship to me!
Hey Linds I hope everything is going well I loved readin your blog and seeing the pics, can't wait to see some of Hudson, we love and miss you & Jason Be safe Your cous, Tracy
Can't sleep! Anxiously awaiting pictures!
I imagine you are with Hudson right now, it's probably about 10 a.m. there. Lots of hugs and kisses to you!!!
Post a Comment