We are home. Got to my parents around 7:30. My family and Jason's family were there and anxiously awaiting more pics and video. We went to bed around 11:00
A little after 1:00 am Jason's phone rang and it was the guy who worked for Jason for over 2 1/2 years dad. Bruce had been killed in a car wreck. He asked Jason to go to the scene on Pleasant View Road so we did and then we went to Angelica (Bruce's wife) parents home and stayed until early morning when we took Bruce's parents home. This is completely horrible and devestating. I wasn't close to him but Jason sure was. They had spent a ton of time together and this year Jason had put Bruce in charge of the mowing crew. Bruce was Jason's right hand. Jason talked to him on the phone on Satuday night around 10:20, they believe the accident happened not too long after that. We aren't sure what exactly happened but the way the marks looked he swerved to miss something, probably a deer. Please, please, pray for Bruce's wife, Angelica, and his family. My heart has been completely broken for her. This morning we went to Community Bank and Trust to set up an account for her. She is going to needs lots of help and support, so if you want to give you can go to any Community (Ashland City, Springfield, Pleasant View) and tell them you want to give for Bruce Traughber. I know some of you knew Bruce, he is going to be at the Robertson Co. funeral home and I will post the times and exact dates when we hear them. For those of you who have been around the barn a lot but maybe didn't know which one is Bruce, he is the one who drove the maroon mustange and had the blonde hair.
Thanks for all of your prayers. I will post more on the adoption whenever things are a little more clear. We have been on an emotional roller coaster with little sleep.
3 comments:
Hey Lindsey, I just wanted to tell you that today in Religion class, we prayed the rosary. When Sister asked if anyone had any special intentions, I raised my hand and said "For a special intention." My special intention was for Bruce's wife, and I'll continue to pray for her.
Also, I'm glad that you and Jason made it home safely. I'll keep praying for you that you get to return to Russia to pick him up before Christmas,
I love you! :)
Abby
Hey Jason and Lindsey,
Thank you so much for sharing this time in your lives. Reading your blog has brought me so much joy, that's hard to tell with all this crying that I am doing, but I'm a crier, that's what I do. He is so cute and you can tell that he is really smart too. I will pray that the Lord will bring him home soon. Angele Tenry
Hey Jason and Lindsey,
Thank you so much for sharing this time in your lives. Reading your blog has brought me so much joy, that's hard to tell with all this crying that I am doing, but I'm a crier, that's what I do. He is so cute and you can tell that he is really smart too. I will pray that the Lord will bring him home soon. Angele Tenry
Post a Comment