Monday, December 21, 2009

Our Weekend


I think Hudson looks like Aunt Jeanna, look at the hair and eyes!









We had a pretty laid back weekend. I didn't get finished riding horses until after 7 p.m. on Friday night so Jason and Hudson hung out at the barn with me until I was finished. Then Saturday was a little busier with having to go grocery shopping at Kroger's and run into Wal-Mart for some last minute gifts. Then put Hudson down for an early nap so we could make it to Jenny's (Jason's Aunt) house for Christmas with Grandmom's side of the family. Hudson had a good time playing and opening some gifts. I think he's going to get the hang of ripping the paper off real quickly :) We ended up leaving earlier than planned because Jason is very allergic to cats and was having trouble breathing and his eyes were watering badly. So then we drove around and looked at lights and finally made it back home. Sunday morning was the children's play which Hudson will be old enough to be in next year. He enjoyed watching it, though. It was too funny and cute!
Today Jordin, Hudson's best bud, is hanging out with us. Right now they are both sleeping! They get along so well, and I'm thinking they'll both be worn out by tonight!
I am eagerly awaiting our family from Texas. Our Uncle David, Aunt Tracie, Cody, and Courtney should be here in several hours. I love it when they are home for Christmas. We have some fun things planned while they are here. Opryland Hotel, movies, etc. And Hudson really enjoyed them this summer when they were home for Casey's wedding.
We are starting to see some of the two year old stuff come out! Hudson has gotten a little attitude over the past few weeks but he does it very discretely. I'm trying to nip it in the bud real quickly so that it doesn't escalade into fits. I know we have a good child and the reason he is that way is because we require him to listen and be respectful and I don't plan on that changing so their will be a few extra time out's and switchings (no one turn me into DCHS :) going on in the Carney house until this stage is over with. But I still say I love this age. He's still way too much fun, cracks me up, and insists he's my baby!
Last night in the nursery I had to hold a baby that was crying while they went and got his mother and Hudson did not like it at all. He insisted I hold him and when I tried to explain that the baby was upset and they were getting his mom, he didn't seem to care, all he cared about was "My Mommy"! Then this morning he was still talking about it. He said, "Mommy hold baby, no, no, baby, Mommy hold Hudson!" I'll remind him of this when he's a teenager!

No comments: