Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Last week was definitely the busiest week we've had by far since Hudson came home. I had cow working camp which started at 7:30 a.m., the time I am normally getting out of bed! Then of course had lessons in the afternoon and training horses to ride. But what made it so exhausting is that EVERY night Hudson woke up screaming, not just crying, I'm talkin' SCREAMING. At first I thought something was hurting or he was teething. But that's not it, he was terrified. Monday was the first morning he has woken up without me or Jason. And I think he is waking up in the middle of the night thinking we are not here. The first night I stayed in there with him to he fell back to sleep (it took FOREVER). The second night I did the comfort then leave the room and let him cry for a min. or so then go back in, that also took FOREVER. Finally the third night and all the others since I have been getting him out of bed and letting him fall asleep on me. Even though I know he is asleep he still wakes back up when I lay him down and whines and then he goes back to sleep. About 30 min. later he wakes up screaming again and so far I have been able to lay him back down and him fall to sleep and stay until morning. Then it takes me at least another hour or so to go back to sleep myself. I haven't been this exhausted in forever. I don't do well without sleep and 6 nights in a row of it is pure craziness!
The routine should be back to normal from here on out since my other camps start at 9:00. Hopefully the sleeping will get back to normal too! Yesterday was mine and Jason's 6th wedding anniversary. I spent the morning throwing a wedding shower for my sister and then left there, fed Hudson lunch and put him down for a nap and then made it to Ft. Campbell by 3:00 to judge a horse show. Came back home and Casey babysat for us and we made it to the Catfish house at 8:50 (don't you know they were wanting to shoot us since they closed at 9:00). Another exhausting day, but glad Jason and I got to spend a little time together. He is so sweet. He got up this morning and fed horses for me so I could sleep in some. Hudson and I slept until almost 9:00, and then we all 3 took a nap after church! I think that was the BEST anniversary gift he could have given me.
We married when we were 19. 4 months earlier Jason accepted Christ as Savior and I had rededicated my life. We were both changing and trying hard, leaving our old man behind and becoming new people together. We were a few months after this and were planning a big wedding in Oct. but really all we wanted was to be married. So we called the preacher and asked what he was doing Friday (June 6) at 4:00 and he said nothing. We gave our parents and siblings a weeks notice and our aunts, uncles, and cousins a 2 day notice and on Friday at 3:58, My dad was telling Jason "You've got a few minutes left to get out of here, run, I'll tell them I haven't seen you!" (Those of you who know Hoss, this doesn't suprise you, does it! :) We were married in a very small ceremony and then our families went out to a Japanese restraunt in Clarksville. After we all ate Jason and I had a room at the LaQuinta (no I'm not making this up). The next morning we woke up and ate Shoney's breakfast buffet and then headed back to Attebery Rd.! And so it began! Marriage is not always a joy ride, but we have lots of joy! I'm so thankful we had 5 1/2 years (before Hudson) together to grow with each other. He's my best friend, I just love that man so much, and he's a wonderful Daddy!
I promise I'll TRY to do better this week and post more. I also have lots of pics to post as soon as I get upload them from the camera.
2 comments:
Praying for you with the sleep -- been there, done that, got the wrinkles to prove it. :-) Hopefully it's just a short, short thing that will pass quickly. Happy anniversary too!!
Happy Anniversary!!! I loved reading your wedding story!!!
I hope you can find rest soon. It's no fun going through those stages. I love my sleep as well and never did good with the up at night thing. Thankfully Barry doesn't need much sleep so it all worked out!!
Post a Comment