Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday



A few cute pics Robin took when she, Darin, and Lindy came to visit Hudson a few weeks back, I miss those curls :) Lindy played so good with Hudson, he had a good time with her.
I start back teaching lessons next week. I have changed my schedule around and am working 4 days and start at 3:30 every afternoon. I love what I do for a living, God has truly blessed me with an awesome career, I can't wait to get back to teaching. But I hate leaving my little man. So we are going to purchase some fun playsets for him to play on at the barn and my cousin Ashlee and student Lauren are going to watch him for me while I teach but he will be at the barn. He's going to have his own area on the other side of a gate so I don't have to worry about him getting in with the horses. I know many kids have been raised at the barn, looks like ours is going to be too. Jason will not go back to work full swing until the grass gets growing so he will still watch him when he can. Hudson loves being outside so I think he will like the set up. I'm rambling, moving on...
He's adding words daily, just a few I more I can think of off the top of my head-water, yogurt, bowl, bib, those are just a few I can think of right now. We are doing a word a day and a body part a day where I try to say that word a LOT, it seems to be working good. He knows his tummy and eyes in addition to the ones he already knew and he also knows his winkie! We had to add that one that way I can directly address it since he seems to not be able to keep his hands off of it when his diaper is off! It's one of his favorite toys in the tub HA! HA! Now I can tell him to take his hands off of it and he knows exactly what I am talking about.
Eating has been really good over the past few days, I just hope it stays that way a little longer. Thanks for your prayers. I didn't share much with it on the other post but he had been throwing up the past few weeks but only at lunch or dinner. I talked with the Dr. on Friday and she suggested feeding him breakfast for lunch and snack for dinner to see it that helped since he never ever threw up at breakfast or snack. He hasn't thrown up at all since we started switching his meals, not sure what that means, but she said if that didn't work then it was probably acid reflux. I will talk with her again this week and we'll see what she says so I'll post more when I talk with her.
I have also tried to just relax more at feeding time. I feed him much much slower (I didn't feed him fast before, but now I do it extra slow), and we read a book and talk about the animals in the book and work on noises, etc. It's much more relaxing for both of us and I hold the book the entire time so he doesn't get too distracted from eating. We both enjoy feeding time much better.
One more thing, I know I'm typing a lot, but there's a lot to be said :) He has started crying when I leave him much more which is a good thing as far as attachment. He was very upset when I left today to go ride and the other day he was really upset when I went away for only like 10 minutes. I when I come home and he sees me, he gets so excited and runs to me with the biggest grin. I also love watching him see Jason when he gets home, he jumps up and down and yells "Dada", it's the cutest thing.

No comments: