Sunday, February 15, 2009

Texture Issues

Lots of people have been asking about Hudson's texture issues and they are getting much better. I've been hesitant to post about it because I figure I'll post about it and then the next day will not be good! But this past week I think we had some big break throughs. He ate 5 very small pieces of sausage and 2 small pieces of bacon one night and then another night he ate a baked potato and a few bites of eggs and he's enjoying cheese. I was so happy when he actually chewed very good and swallowed. It used to be swallow it whole or leave it in your cheeks forever. He is making tiny steps but I can see much improvement over the past month and a half-Praise God!

I received 2 cards from Jason for Valentine's Day, one was sweet and the other funny and he got me 2 organic gardening books. We usually don't get each other anything on Valentine's (or any other holiday) so I was very happy. Last year he crawled into bed and then said, "I got you a card but I forgot to sign it!" HA! But you know, he blesses me everyday. Do you know that I've only fed horses 4 mornings since we've been home from Russia. He gets up early everymorning to feed for me so I can stay in and do breakfast for Hudson. He doesn't want us to have to go out in the cold. Of course this will change when it warms up but it will be good for me and Hudson to get out of the house more, he LOVES being outside.

Sometimes I sit back and am overwhelmed at how much God has blessed me. I'm humbled because I know I don't even deserve the very breath I'm taking. I'm convicted because I take it all for granted and struggle with things I shouldn't. I'm just amazed at God's grace.

No comments: