I arrived in Albania today, while all of you at home were still sleeping. It was 11:30 here (there is a 7 hour time difference). All of the luggage made it, the only flight that I had problems with was the one from Milan to Tirana, there was some really rough turbulance. I'm running on about 1 hour of sleep over the past 31 hours! I don't think I've ever done that before although I'm sure I came close in my college days when we would go to Waffle House really late!
Albania is so different! I have seen shepherds out tending their herd. People have their cow tied up in their yard, there are no fences! And you guys think I drive bad, these people about give me a heart attack so you know it's bad!! But everyone has been so sweet and friendly. This afternoon we went to Vlashi Village, which is the nicest of the 3 that planters organization works in. I sat in on a class with middle/high school age children learning english. It was really neat, they were all working so hard. The Albanian teacher who taught the english class was talking with me on the way back to Tirana and she asked me, "Have you ever seen the movie Sweet Home Alabama?" I told her it was one of my favorite movies. She said, "You talk like the characters in that movie." I thought it was funny, she picked up on my southern accent quickly.
They just got power here at 7:00 pm and it is very cold! I have taken a few pics but I will take some more tomorrow and post them sometime tomorrow night.
Albanians are beautiful people! The girls are gorgeous and the little boys are so cute! I'm very glad I'm here. What stories I'll have to tell our son!
4 comments:
Hi Lindsey,
Glad to hear you made it and are enjoying yourself-I'll be looking forward to reading more.
Take care-
Lisa Marinac
Hey, Glad you made it safe. I am looking forward to hearing more and seeing pictures. Just because you will have extra luggage room on your return trip, don't try to smuggle one of those cute kids home.
take care. donna
Hey! Its Abby, Lauren, and Jordan, and we are so glad that you made it safe and are having fun! :]] The horses are doing real good and we haven't had a problem with them. We miss you a whole lot and so does everyone else at T2F. We hope you have a lot of fun and see you soon!!
We love you!!!
Abby, Lauren, and Jordan :]]
yay - you made it! now if jason can just keep from burning the house down all will be GREAT! i love you girl and i'm so proud of you. have fun minglin' with the natives and make our Lord known over there!
love you - praying hard
~mandy j
Post a Comment