Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Children of Darshen





























Here are some pictures of the children that received some of our gifts at Darshen village, I took over 100 pictures today so you can see lots more when I get home. There were smiles all over that small room!! Did you know that we brought enough gifts over here for all 3 of the villages, isn't that awesome, way to go t2f!! Mrs. Sarah described it best after we were finished making the Christmas bags last night for the villages (it took us over 4 hours to make all of the bags, we had our stuff and things that she had brought over), she said it was like when Jesus fed the 5,000 with 5 loaves!!


The children came down for the service after school. They only go to school in Albania until noon because the school's cannot feed them lunch. I watched in awe as they sang songs, played instruments, participated in a Bible story, memorized Luke 2:11, had a snack, and did a craft. Then we passed out the Christmas bags. Everyday I am here, the Lord humbles me. We have so much to be thankful for and not an ounce of me is worthy. Oh my Lord, Your grace and mercy, I cannot find the words to thank You enough!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like they really enjoyed
their party and gifts, thanks for sharing. You really don't know what
a blessing this has been for all of us here back home for you to share
your trip with us. As you say, we are not worthy enough to be blessed
with what we have here in the states.
Do these children celebrate Christmas the same time as we do, and do they understand it is for the Birth of our Christ?
Keep the updates coming, I enjoy reading them all.

Cindy Gideon

Anonymous said...

The children are beautiful! I can't wait to have my little newphew here to show off to everyone.