Thursday, December 27, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

I made it! And believe it or not I have hardly turned the computer on, just to show my family all of the pictures! Things have been busy with Christmas activities. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it home for Christmas, praise God I did. When I flew from Italy to Chicago our plane couldn't land so we circled for about 40 min. and then once I landed it was chaos, I only had an hour to get to my next gate and I still had to go through re-checking my luggage, customs, getting my ticket, security, all of this in O'hare! If Mr. David hadn't have met me and helped me out then I would still be trying to figure out how to get from transit 5 to 1!! I rushed to my gate to find my flight was almost 2 hours late, and they were being optimistic about the flight being able to leave for Nashville. Over 300 flights were canceled out of O'hare. Finally we boarded in 17 degree weather with winds up to 50 mph, I didn't care, my man was waiting for me in Nashville! It was so great seeing my family, they are so awesome!

Christmas was great! I had a totally different outlook on things. This Christmas Jason and I got the least that we ever have, but to tell you the truth, I could have gone without anything, I'm blessed with too much as it is. Listening to kids wine and tell what they wanted still after getting what seemed like everything, if only they knew. I went shopping yesterday and didn't buy hardly anything, I would pick things up and say how cute it was and then say do I really need this? The answer was no!

Jason just hopes my sleeping schedule stays like it is now! I am asleep by 9:00 at night, I can't even hold my eyes open. I told him don't worry, I'll adjust back!!

I am going to post more pictures on the blog, but I will have to do that next week when I can go somewhere where they have high speed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hola ! lindsey welcome back .
merry cristhmas