Here are a few pics from around Tirana. The first one is of what a lot of the homes look like on the outside, I thought Meemaw would appreciate all of the little clothes lines- they have solar dryers!! The next one I took for Jason, it was at a place where they are doing construction. The third and fourth are of the university, there is only one university in Albania and it is free although you have to pass certain tests to get in. The last one is the Albania version of McDonald's!
Tonight I went to a church service and it was awesome! They had headphones for the American's and someone translated the sermon. They had the music on a screen and it was all in Albanian but I knew quite a few of the songs like, Here I am to Worship and Now is the Time to Worship. My eyes teared up when I looked around and saw these Albanians praising our amazing Lord, eyes closed, hands up, it was great! I met Bob and Cathie Wantanabe at church, who are the house parents for Bethany, they will be a big help to us when we are over here adopting. Bob told me the people at chuch tonight are first generation Christians. Communism fell here in the early 90's.
Tonight I went to a church service and it was awesome! They had headphones for the American's and someone translated the sermon. They had the music on a screen and it was all in Albanian but I knew quite a few of the songs like, Here I am to Worship and Now is the Time to Worship. My eyes teared up when I looked around and saw these Albanians praising our amazing Lord, eyes closed, hands up, it was great! I met Bob and Cathie Wantanabe at church, who are the house parents for Bethany, they will be a big help to us when we are over here adopting. Bob told me the people at chuch tonight are first generation Christians. Communism fell here in the early 90's.
Please pray about me meeting Agim, it will happen either Thursday or Friday, I will let you all know when I find out. But it will be a very important meeting where I will have to choose my words very carefully. Pray that God will guide me and my words will be what He wants me to say. I will get to go to the Bethany orphanage, which I didn't expect to, but since most of Bethany's referrals do not come from there I will be able to see it. While there is when I will meet with Agim, the Wantanabe's, and Alma (Alma does a lot of the translating and paperwork for the adoptions).
My brain is full and my heart is full. I'm still trying to absorb all of this. But I can tell you one thing, when you lay your head on your pillow tonight know that you are very blessed!
I love you all!
7 comments:
Great post and photos, Lindsey. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here each day!
What you're doing is amazing, Linds. We are all so proud of you here at home. We love you! Be safe!
Lindsey, we are so glad that you made it there OK. We are praying for you. We miss you!
lindssey thank`S so much foR teach them the power light of jesus.
romans 10;15; and how can they preach unlessthey are sent? As it is written, '' HOW BEAUTIFULLARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS!''.
you are inspiration in many lifes .
miss you
Karla Ruiz
It is so wonderful that you are over there safe and spreading God's word. I hope that everything goes well. LOVE YOU!
Linds, I miss you so much! I pray that God will use you in a special way to spread His word! Can't wait to see you! I LOVE YOU!
Jason
Lindsey,
It sounds like your doing a good job over there spreading the Lords
word. I hope you have a safe trip back HOME. How have the chrildren taken to the gifts you took wioht you? Great Pictures, I have been sharing your blog wiht a good christian friend of mind here at work. She thinks your great for doing this work and so do I,
I no the T2F's is missing you and of course Jason. Thanks for sharing your mission tour wiht us.
Cindy Gideon
Post a Comment