Friday, December 21, 2007

Bethany

The internet just now came on, it's 9:45 here. Sorry I haven't had time to post. I've had an interesting day! I went to Bethany this morning with plans to meet Agim, Alma, and the Wantanabe's. I didn't get to meet Agim. He called while I was there and said he wasn't coming in to Bethany today. Bummer, I thought, that was one of the main reasons I wanted to be there so that I could talk to him. But here's the way I look at it, there were so many of us praying for this, if God wanted Agim to be there then Agim would have been there. I had a wonderful meeting with Bob and Cathie Wantanabe, they are the missionary family from Washington State. They are the host family for Bethany and they do work in the Bethany orphanage. I shared with them what I had planned on sharing with Agim, they were wonderful listeners. They are suposed to talk next week with Agim about us and it will be all good!! After meeting with them I met with Alma. She and Agim are the main ones for Bethany adoptions in Albania. So I was happy I got to meet with her. I shared the same things as I did with the Wantanabe's. She was also very encouraging. When we were finished talking she said I was very mature and even though we didn't meet for a long time she felt like I am going to be a great mother! She is going to try and talk with the AAC director about us if she has the chance to. She also wants me to type up what I talked with her about and send it to her so she can also take that to the adoption committee. Overall I am very happy with today and feel much better. I praise God for the peace He provides me, that transcends all understanding! Our God is and awesome God!

I didn't get to take too many pictures, but I will post them tomorrow. There were a few children I got to hold. It was great! They laughed and giggled, I just cannot explain to you how I cannot wait to be a mom. One little boy I played with has cp, he literally fell in my lap wanting me to play with him, he would lay his head on my chest and then raise up and want me to dance his hands around, then I would tickle him and he would laugh so hard, it was great! Another little boy wanted me to hold and play with him. He had the most precious smile. I will post pics of him tomorrow. It's almost 10:00 over here and we have to get up earlier in the morning to go back out into the village plus I only got 4 or so hours of sleep last night.

Jason and I cannot thank all of you enough for the prayers you have prayed on our behalf. We appreciate each and every one of you so much, falamenderit (hope I spelled it correct), which means Thank You in Albanian!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, I'm so glad your visit at Bethany went well. I would love to hear more about it when you get home. Be safe and take care. You are much in our prayers.
Diana Neel

The Marinacs said...

Hi Lindsey,
It sounds like you are learning a lot and having a great time! I love seeing all of the pictures. I'm glad the meeting with the Watanabes (they're nice aren't they?) and Alma went well.
Lisa Marinac