Wednesday, August 29, 2012

We're still here...

Yes, we are still here.  Yes, I have lots of pictures to post and news to share.  Yes, I just now unpacked the stuff I need to upload pictures.  No, I just don't have it all together right now!

Why didn't someone shake me and tell me that moving our family and downsizing by 1/2 would not be the smartest thing I ever did, less than 2 weeks from leaving the country to bring home our next child!  I have decided I am not superwoman and should not act like it!  For some reason I thought this wouldn't be too bad but then Jason said, "You need to get rid of about half of your clothes!"  And then I realized I'd have to get rid of a bunch of stuff or else we were going to live in nothing but clutter.  So while unpacking each box, we are going through and getting rid of a bunch of stuff.  So maybe that's why this move seems harder than the last, it hasn't been unpacking and everything having a space, it's been going through every. single. little. thing.

Hopefully I will get Heath and myself packed by tomorrow.  Of course, Casey, is already packed.  But this is typical of us!

Yesterday Hudson told me that he pretty much already missed me and I wasn't even gone.  He couldn't wait until Heath was home and when he sees us in the airport, he's going to run as fast as a jet and give us all 4 big hugs a piece.  I'm pretty emotional at this point, so I'm pretty sure I let some tears roll.

Hollynn on the other hand picked up a wooden spoon a few days ago, looked at me, shook it a little and said "You hear me?"  several times!  Then just busted out laughing, it was hilarious.  I'm pretty sure she has only seen me do that a couple of times! HA!

Okay, lots to do, and when I get to Russia I'll do lots of updates since I don't sleep much while I'm there and I have pics from Hudson's baptism and Beth Moore :)  

My specific prayer that I started praying yesterday is "Lord, this is the absolute busiest season of my life, so while I feel covered up with things to do, please cover me with peace."  I don't want to feel overwhelmed with this move, packing, etc.  Please pray for us, all of us, especially the transition Heath will be making in several days!   

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It's good to hear I'm not the only one who feels overwhelmed. I can't believe how stressful moving was (we moved houses and I moved jobs). Hopefully we will both find that peace and feel on level ground again soon. Can't wait for pics of the family all together.
Melissa

Laura said...

Wow...I am in awe of you!!! Just remember to take a deep breath every once in a while -- life is about to show you so many exciting changes...and I'm so thrilled we can follow you along!!

~Laura