Sunday, September 2, 2012

We made it...

We arrived today with only one hiccup.  Casey's bag didn't make it, it is still in New York but should make it here tomorrow and be delivered to the hotel.  Thankfully we put some of her clothes in my bag.  Our hotel is very nice, but we haven't ventured out yet.  We have slept about 3 hours in the past 31 hrs. so I am hoping to go to sleep soon. 

We are getting picked up at 9:40 in the morning (12:40 p.m. central time), then we go to the passport agency and then off to pick up Heath!  The first thing I did when we got to the hotel was get his outfit out and pack his little bag for tomorrow.  Those of you who have done this know the swirl of emotions I am feeling...

I could cry at the drop of a hat.
I am soooo excited.
And hoping he has a smooth transition.
My stomach has butterflies fluttering.
It's just too many emotions to name!

That is my constant prayer right now, since he hasn't seen me very many times, that he not be anxious about this transition.  We spent so much time with Hudson before we picked him up that he never missed a beat, never cried a tear out of fear.  When the time was near for us to pick Hudson up, he was so used to us that he would cry when we would leave him every afternoon at the baby home. 

We are hoping to get out and about tomorrow as well, I don't want to stay all cooped up in a hotel room all week! 

I will try my best to have you all pictures posted by the time you wake up!

1 comment:

Louise S. Lewis said...

Thank you for sharing that beautiful happy child. Can't wait to see pictures of Hollyann and Judson with Heath. A beutiful family for him to meet in TN.