Today we told our little one we'd be back soon. I prayed over him the same thing I prayed over my other two when I left them, that the Lord would bless him and keep him make His face shine upon him and be gracious to him. Gave him a kiss on the cheek and there he went. I can't wait until the day someone doesn't come get him and we walk out of there forever. I can't wait for the day we land in Nashville and Hudson and Hollynn get to meet their brother. And I can't wait to parent three (yes, many people have told me it won't be easy but you know what I still can't wait)!
We learned quite a bit more today as we met with the doctor and the director of the orphanage. We thought his birthmom was from Uzbekistan but she is really from Kazakhstan and was living in Uzbekistan and more than likely came to Moscow to work and send money home. There are 2 other children that she has, born in 03 and 05, we have no other info. on them.
The Dr. came and examined him and she was fantastic and spoke english really well. The only thing we were a little concerned about is his head is flat on the back of it but she and Dr. Prine both said the same thing, that it will be straightened out by the time he is 5, this is common in babies that have laid a lot of their life. I know this, but it was good to be reassured.
He can crawl already and pull himself up to stand. But he is content to just chill with us too. He is such a happy guy and seems to be Mr. Personality. Smiles and laughs constantly! He really enjoyed checking Jason out and he would start laughing before my hands could get on him to tickle him. He babbled a lot today, so sweet!
Room we played in.
Holding Daddy's finger.
Outside of baby home #13
Prayer request: We could be back as soon as 6 weeks or 10 weeks. Please pray with us that it will be 6 weeks. I want him home for his 1st birthday. I want to see his first steps and hear his first words. Also continue to pray for us financially as we have a $10,500 check due not long after we return home. I need to sell some horses!!




1 comment:
I can only imagine how tough it was to leave him. Praying for that big check!
Post a Comment