We couldn't have asked for a better first time to meet our son than today except of course to just take him home right this minute! He was smiling instantly, and not just little smiles, but big huge toothy grins! We have a great video of him laughing, too. He was very ticklish! And a little cuddler, which will fit right in with my other two. At one point he just laid over on me and put his head up against my neck. He is definitely teething and I'm glad I brought several toys just to chew on, he would have one in each hand and go back and forth chewing on them.
His birthmom is from Uzbekistan, and we have her name that was on her passport so it should be legit. You pronounce his Russian name Nurlan (be sure to roll the r :) He and Hollynn are exactly 9 months apart, his birthdate is July 15, 2011.
Tomorrow we leave much earlier. Our agency is paying to have a dr. meet us at the baby home and do a thorough exam since we didn't have enough time to consult with our pediatrician on his medicals and video. We get to see him two times tomorrow in between naps. We also get to meet with the director of the baby home and ask her all of our questions about his schedule, etc. I will try on some clothes I brought to get an idea of what size he is. I'm thinking right now he is in a 6 month. He is very skinny, but seems to be long. On the growth chart he fell at the 5% mark for wt. and 62% on ht.
I just have this feeling he is going to fall right into place as a Carney, he seems to be happy and enjoy everything, and I'd like to think we are a fun, happy crew!

4 comments:
Adorable pics. Thanks for sending them. He is a doll. And it was all meant to be.
Melissa
Just seeing you and following the blog, oneknows you are a Christian loving family and the rest of your family is there for you. God gives another home to a child.Bless you all.
Just seeing you and following the blog, oneknows you are a Christian loving family and the rest of your family is there for you. God gives another home to a child.Bless you all.
All that baby is going to need is some SWEET TEA Lindsey! Love you guys and so Thankful everything is going according to HIS plan!
Post a Comment