Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pics from Tuesday

 I think you can actually hear him giggling just by looking at him!  Trust me, it is music to my ears :)





Sorry I am just now posting.  We had a wild trip home!  Made it to Washington Dulles only to have our flight get delayed until they finally cancelled it and told us they couldn't get us home until the next afternoon.  But we could take a taxi to Reagen and fly out the next morning.  We met two other people desperate to get to Nashville, shared a taxi with them, figured instead of a hotel we would just sleep in the airport since a hotel would have put us over budget.  Got to Reagan around 9:30, went to get our tickets for the next day and she said, "We have a 10:00 leaving for Nashville, want me to get you on it?"  YES!  So we hustled through security then they started calling our names to board immediately.  All 4 of us sprinted through the airport like wild people, but we made it.  Got home after 1 a.m. but got to see my babies.  I picked Hollynn up while she was sleeping at Casey's and she opened her eyes and said, "Hi Mama" then fell back to sleep.  Hudson struggled more this trip than last.  He had one night where he cried cause he just missed his mama.  Tore. Me. Up.  He curled up with me on the couch last night and fell asleep.  Hollynn has kissed me ten million times.  It's rough when you have to leave 2 to get to 1 and vice versa.  But only 34 more days and we fly out.
This coming week I am going to give the parsonage a scrub down and start moving things in.  I want to move things slowly and put them in their place instead of moving everything all at once and being overwhelmed with boxes.  We had 2 showings yesterday and have 1 today so maybe something will come out of it.
I'll try to post several times this week since I have a ton of pics of our trip!

3 comments:

Louise S. Lewis said...

Thanks for pictures. Thank God you are home safe. Just wish Heath came also. Love

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE these photos! So glad you were able to get home the same night.

We had that happen to us after our first trip to meet Lexi. Our flight was cancelled in Chicago but at least the American Airlines paid for our hotel room and shuttle. I panicked because we were relying on friends/babysitters to come to our house and stay with the boys while we were gone. We didn't have anyone lined up for an extra night. Despite all my begging (and tears) there were just no other flights available that night or the next day. We ended up switching airports and airlines (Delta went above and beyond the call of duty to help us) so we could get home as soon as possible.

It was very stressful at the time, but honestly I didn't even remember it until I just now when I read your blog. Just goes to show that all the good times in store for you will erase a few bad experiences.

Can't wait to see all your family together at last.

P.S. If you find out that precious little 3 year old girl is still available, let me know! The kids and I are trying to convince Martin that we need ONE more little girl. ;0)

Melissa said...

He is just so incredibly cute! I am so happy for you guys!