Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Heath...

Our littlest man turned 1 today.  And I wish so badly we could have celebrated his birthday together.  I wonder, did anyone even remember to tell him Happy Birthday, and I know that he will never remember.  Did he get to eat his first piece of cake?  Did he get to open a gift and play with a new toy?  I highly doubt it.  My sister and best friend and church friends remembered this special day, and it meant so much to me. 

I do know one other person who remembered this day as well.  Who must have went back to a year ago as she labored and heard his first cries.  As her heart wrenched as she contemplated what to do.  And how her hand must have shook as 3 days later she returned to the hospital to sign her name and give up her sweet chubby cheeked baby boy because she could not care for him.  If you gave me one wish tonight it would be to look her in her eyes, take her hand and tell her he's going to be just fine.  He's going to get to giggle every day and have his tears wiped away.  He's going to be hugged and read to every night.  He's going to have an easy going brother and a sassy sister who in spite of some disagreements are going to love him with all they've got.  And he is going to have an opportunity to know Abba and I'd share Him with her too, b/c I'd like her mansion to be next to mine, with Hudson's birthmom on the other side.  I'd like to just say Thank You for being selfless.  And make sure that she knows in my eyes, she will always be lifted up, never looked down upon, in our home she will be someone special and beautiful, that her sacrifice brought us joy and lots of it.  And this will be my wish every July 15th and August 7th, not one of these days will pass by that I will not think of a precious lady somewhere around the world, who I am sure is wondering about her dark hair, dark eyed boy and where he is and what he is doing. 

Happy Birthday Heath James, I cannot wait to hold you in my arms in a week!

1 comment:

Louise Lewis said...

I too, can't wait to hear and see pictures of Heath and the other two beautiful children you are giving all that wonderful love to. They are so fortunate to have you two for parents. God Bless you all.