So today we were able to hang out with Heath for a few hours then he napped then we were with him for another 2 hours. We will do the same tomorrow. I felt so bad for him at first. He was so stiff and scared. Who are these people and why can't I understand him. He would stick out his bottom lip and it looked like he would bust out crying at any second but he never would. Finally I was able to get a smile and some giggles out of him before he went off to nap time.
Our second round with him was much more relaxed. He was not near as comfortable with Jason but Jason is one of the most understanding and easy going guys I know and he just kept his distance and if Jason did have him, when he would get upset he would give him to me. I know they don't see any men. He got to where he would lean his cheek up against mine and seemed to want me to kiss those chubby cheeks! I do think he will be a cuddler. It was good to feel him relax in my arms and loosen up where I could get those smiles a lot easier from him. When his group came outside to play he lit up. He would babble and talk, laugh and was quite funny, but he never moved from my lap until I sat him down to see him crawl and go pull up on a table. This is how his personality was the first time we saw him. I am thinking that since we were in a playroom the first trip and he had a friend close by he was more relaxed then. I also realize several months can make a difference in his understanding. He very clearly understood what they were saying to him and did what they said.
If you have followed our blog for some time then you remember the couple who adopted the same time as we did back in 08. Their son was in the same orphanage that Heath is in. So we took updated pics of him. The caretakers loved it. They asked if I knew another little girl who was adopted the same time and I told them yes, so tomorrow I will take them pics of her. It was a great moment hearing them chatter and seeing them light up over the pictures and knowing that I would e-mail the other ones mom. I cannot wait to read to them the update on her and take them pics.
I LOVED the second half of our afternoon. We hung out with 2 of the caretakers and several of the kids. Somehow in our totally broken russian and their totally broken english we were able to communicate and learn about each other. There were 3 three year olds out there with us and we loved playing with them. I will be calling out there names constantly to the Lord, although one of their names I can't pronounce ;) They just pulled on my heart strings so much, I want to bring them all home. We played with Heather and Girish's son and there was another one year old there as well named Victor. They said, "Victor has no mama and papa." Which just tore me up. Why does Victor have no mama and papa? WHY ARE WE NOT BEATING THE WALLS DOWN TO COME TAKE THESE CHILDREN HOME? Take care of the orphan, defend the fatherless. We must, we HAVE to! Jason just finished a fantastic book and there have been several things he read to me and one of them I will not forget. For the Christian, adoption doesn't need to be a plan B. Read it again and let it soak in. Adoption is not just for the barren. If He has ever put it on your heart, don't ignore it, pursue it, it will be one of the greatest adventures you ever take! If He hasn't, ask what you can do, can you support someone prayer, financially, etc. There is something every person can do and if we are doing our jobs there wouldn't be so many eyes I looked into today that need love and forever, that need Abba Father. Camilla and Alyssa would have a home and sweet Victor.
1 comment:
Oh how I wish I was there with you. If only it wasn't about the money and money alone that keeps us from going back. But, maybe in time. First the new house- we move in about 2 weeks! Then we will have the required room to spare and then we can start to save some money. Maybe soon.
As for Heath-he is one really lucky little man. Give him lots of snuggles from us.
Melissa
Post a Comment