Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Need Your Help...

I'm going to wait and post the last of vacation pics tomorrow because I have something else on my mind. I need some tips/help from you. There is a dear couple at church that we've had the pleasure of getting to know over the past few years who is starting a domestic adoption. They have all of their paperwork finished but are about $1500 short for the fee to move on to the next step. We will need to raise an additional $2,000 but this is not due until a later date. My question for all of you who have adopted (and those of you who haven't but are good at raising money) and know how expensive it is...do you have any small fundraisers that might could raise that money in a short amount of time? We had a big fundraiser day but I evolved it around my horse business and it was a hit but I'm thinking for this first amount we need something quick and easy and then at a later date do something a little bigger.

Any advice is appreciated, you can post it or e-mail me at lindsey@treasure2farm.com


I am still humbled when I think about how many people helped us bring Hudson home. $50,000 is a lot to come up with but not when my Jesus steps in, He provided every single penny at just the right time and many of those dollars came from you guys reading this. Jason and I are FOREVER thankful for your generous hearts. I know the Lord will provide the same way for Cam and Molly and in His time but I also believe we have to step out there and be willing to work hard for it and they're willing. I cannot wait to see His plans for their family, adoption is the most beautiful thing! Especially since I'm adopted, I'm a child of the King!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I don't know that I have any good fundraising ideas because we financed most of Camden's adoption. With Rory's we sold our house and moved into a rental to pay for it. We had some family help, but most of it was working really hard to be debt free and then moving out of our house. It's so hard to come up with that much money, but completely worth it. How about a church-wide yard sale or a community silent auction along with a singing or spaghetti dinner attached to it?