Wow, what a day full of emotions! I'll try not to be long winded but you have to understand I've waited a long time to have my first Mother's Day!
First, it was a different kind of morning since yesterday afternoon Jason, Hoss, and Uncle Will tore out our kitchen floor. Fridge is on the backporch, microwave in the living room, and everything else strowed between. You can only imagine! We were only 10 min. late to Sunday School!
I felt some emotions today that I didn't expect to feel. I was selfishly thinking today was going to be my day. My first Mother's Day, I had waited on this for so long and last years Mother's Day had been especially hard on me. It's hard on women who want nothing more than to be a Mama to celebrate everyone else being one. For those of you reading this who are waiting, your day will come, God's got it marked on His calendar. Back to my selfishness...Bro. Terry preached on Hannah giving Samuel, the tears that must have rolled down her cheeks. My thoughts immediately went to the young woman that gave birth to Hudson. I have no doubt she loves him. Surely those steps she took out of that hospital room that day were some of the hardest she has ever taken. She gave up her son and I was able to celebrate being his mom today. I had wells of tears in my eyes, both happy ones and sad ones. I hope I never cease to be so thankful to her and I especially hope she knows my Jesus because she can come to my mansion anytime.
You saw above the cute frame J, H, and C did for me that I love. I also am going to be a little girly (gasp!). Jason bought me a diamond cross necklace and some really pretty earrings that are Hudson's birthstone. August, it's a really pretty green. I haven't had earrings in my ears since we were married almost 6 years ago, but these are so pretty I'm going to have to wear them often!
The dedication was wonderful. I was so excited. It was Jon's first baby dedication and he did a wonderful job. Having Jon do it was very special to us. His friendship means so much to Jason and he's going to be spending lots of time with Hudson in his youth. Jon read what I had posted on the blog on August 7, 2007 (Hudson's birthdate) and he shared some things Jason had said about how it is privilage to be able to adopt. We weren't sure how Hudson would do going to Jon since he usually clings to me or Jason when it comes to going to other people. But Jon bought him a bulldozier and Hudson went straight to him! Guess we know the way to Hudson's heart, a "tacter"! While Jon was praying Hudson kept saying it over and over! He also looked out in the crowd at one point and said "Meme, Will". We had lots of family there. We have such a wonderful family and support system.
After the dedication my family had a Mother's Day get together at Meme and Hoss'. Last night we went out with Grandmom and Grandad to eat. And Friday night we went to J. Alexander's with A. Casey and U. Will. Can you say stuffed, but I'm not complaining since we celebrated 3 nights in a row!? We ate very good this weekend and I'm sure the wranglers will testify to that when I go to put them on in the morning!
Mom and Sheryl, thanks for being wonderful Mom's to us, we love you! Granny and Meemaw, you are the best and have taught me so so much just by your example. You walk the walk and I'm so thankful for you both.
I'm sure you are wondering if I'm ever going to stop writing so I will! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day too!
3 comments:
I'm glad you had such a wonderful first Mother's Day. We both have so many first yet to be enjoyed.
Melissa
I thought about you a lot yesterday. Happy First Mother's Day. I'm glad you had such a good day!
Mayme
Lindsey I wanted to tell you Happy Mother's Day a little late, I don't think I told you in all the excitment. I am extremely happy for you and Jason, you are truely blessed. Also, Hudson's baby dedication was so sweet. Love ya
Post a Comment