The yard sale was definitely a success! We ended up with around $830, combine that with the yard sale we had at our home and it is around $2,000! WOOHOO! Thank you so much to those of you who donated your items to sell and for those of you who came out. I have tried to be transparent on here about all of this, and I read other blogs that even have $ counters on the side of them so people can see how much is raised and how much is needed. I hope if you are considering adoption but scared of the financial part of it, you won't be. My prayer when we returned home a little over a month ago was for the Lord to of course get us a quick court date and to provide the $10,500 we needed before our 2nd trip. There is only a little under $1,000 left to have that! And we can't take credit for a single penny of it, it's all Him! After this goal is complete we'll start on the remaining bit of $15,000 (this includes hotel, plane tickets, etc.). It seems huge in my eyes but not to Him. I don't know how He's going to do it, I just trust that He will!
Every time the phone rings, I jump just hoping it is our agency. I'm really expecting our call any day now b/c I'm reallly hoping to make our 3rd trip by the time he turns 1. Of course I'll post as soon as I get the call :)
No comments:
Post a Comment