Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow...

We got a little snow and acutally got outside and played in for just a little. He LOVES the snow!

Can you hear him grunting because he thinks she's heavy!? At almost 3 months old she weighs half as much as he does. She had a check up the other day and weighs in at 15 lbs. 14 oz. and she's also very long. They said she's over 2 in. longer than the average child her age.








I was watching him tell her all about Lightening McQueen, and she seems to be soaking it all in :)


How much of that 15 lbs. do you think is in her cheeks?
We have exciting news, we have signed a contract on a house. We hope to close in two weeks. We both love it and it's almost triple the size of the love shack, so we should have more than enough room :) It was a foreclosure and we feel really good about the price. We looked at several foreclosures and they were not taken care of at all, suprisingly this one is move in ready, no skankiness like the others. Some fresh paint is all it needs. It's 4 bedrooms plus a big bonus room, 2 1/2 baths, 2 car garage, kitchen that makes me happy (the kitchen is what makes it or breaks it for me), there's not much about it that I don't just love. I'll have to take some pics and post them. It's in Sango, Clarksville, so that's the only stinky thing. It's 12 miles from the only place I've ever called home. I know, 12 miles isn't far, unless you hang out with your Meemaw everyday and she lives 100 yards away, and you see your Dad everyday, and your business is only several hundred yards away, then 12 miles seems like an eternity. That's the only thing that bothers Jason, too, but I'm sure we'll get used to it. After we drive it for a while it won't seem like that far and I'll still come out here everyday for my horses and Jason will still keep all his business stuff here. We still hope to move back here one day, we both want our kids to be raised on a farm like we were. When we do move back here we want to build, and I want to build what I want, how I want it and that to be the house we stay in forever, but it's not time for that right now. But we are very excited about this house and I think the timing is great since I don't start back to work until March 1 so that gives us time to get everything how we want it :) Jason is taking a 5 week night class so that gives him time, too. Can't wait for you all to see it!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on the house - it sounds amazing!

Mayme said...

Congrats on the house. I do think there may be a lot of that 15 lbs in those adorable cheeks!

mandy j said...

Woo-hoo! Can't wait to come visit and not have to get out the air mattress. SO excited for ya'all!