Thursday, October 14, 2010

Full Heart and Mind

Above: Two years ago we held our little man for the first time!
Below: What a difference! He loves shaving with his Daddy!
Two years ago already? It doesn't seem like it. I just got finished looking back at a lot of the pics of our first trip. I wouldn't have believed you if you would have told me the wild man we have now would come out of that little boy who had a deer in the headlights look. To say he is a blessing is an understatement. I've been thinking so much about how planned and meant for us he is. Looking back at the hand of God blows me away. I get to tell both of my kids, God has such big plans for you! He meant you for our family even when Jason and I had no clue what was going on!
I've managed to keep busy this week. I was afraid this was going to be such a long week for us as we anticipated tomorrow. But Monday was fun as H and I went to the movies and had lunch together. Tuesday was pretty low key although I did get a pedicure (thanks to Mollie and Laura:). We also got hair cuts and my eyebrows waxed. Hudson was so funny getting his hair cut. The lady would say, "You are such a good boy!" And he would say, "Yes, I am!" And he was so concerned when I was getting my eyebrows waxed. He was rubbing my arm saying, "It's okay Mom, they are just tweezers!" Yesterday was pretty routine with church and errands. It was also my Granny Head's 85th birthday, love that lady, she is so special. All Hudson wanted to know was if he could sing to her. We got over there late because of church and even though half of the cake was gone, they stuck the candle back in and he sang away! Today Jason has to bid a job this morning then the three of us are going to the park to play. Although Jason is spending the day with us, nap time is all about him cleaning up the backporch. He has mountains of books/paperwork to go through! And I'm going to spend that time finishing up with some cleaning, too. Then all we should have left to do is tackle the barn. Gonna be sure all water troughs are full and put out rolled hay so no one has to worry about putting hay out for the weekend. I already miss going down to the barn and I haven't even got to that point yet!
So there's our week in a nut shell. And tomorrow is the big day. I feel ready and excited! If you think about it, please pray for us especially around 8:00, if everything goes as planned that's when it should start. I plan on Jason posting tomorrow afternoon after things settling down, so be sure to check back then. I already have the camera in the car with a full battery :) So lots of pics headed your way!

4 comments:

Melissa and Bob said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Can't wait to see pic's. and TWO years already! Wow!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin about you and I'll be prayin for. Love to all, Janice

mandy j said...

Oh how I wish i could be there for Hollynn's arrival. But I'll be praying for you today and tomorrow and anxiously awaiting the picture posting. Love you Linds!

Melissa said...

Just amazing. And the timing of Hollynn's arrival is just perfect. Thinking of you tomorrow.
Melissa