Sorry I didn't update last Friday or earlier this week but I was waiting for my appointment today to find out some news. What I did not want to happen has come true, but I've had a week to prepare myself mentally...I have to have a c section. She told me last Friday that my pelvis was not at a good angle and that we may need to discuss other options. Thankfully Jason was at that appointment with me and I managed to hold it all together until I got to the parking lot then I cried all the way home. But we didn't want to share until it was official. After another exam today, she said it's what is best. So we are now just waiting to hear from Baptist to confirm the date and get a time. We are hoping for the 14th but if not it will be the 15th. I had originally thought that Jason's fall break started on the 12th but was wrong, it's the 14th, so this works out better for him. So, as long as I don't go into labor before then, hopefully it will be the 14th. That's also the same day two years ago that I held my first baby for the very first time!
My c section fears are probably crazy to most people, but if you read my last post you know how I feel about any sort of human blood or grossness, it just sends me over the edge into this horribly queezy light headed state. I'm just scared of lying there wide awake knowing they are cutting into me, even though I won't see it. The other thing is the recovery, which is longer and rougher. My family keeps reassuring me, "You're tough." Well, duh! I'm joking of course, but it's not that I don't think I can handle the pain, etc. It's that I don't know how I'm going to handle having to be so careful and all that laying around at first. This pregnancy has just about driven me nuts because I haven't been able to up and do all the things I used to do. I'm a go getter and sitting still is awful on me, this is why I hate to fish! Plus a c section will take me a little longer to get back in the saddle and into exercising.
I talked to a friend that I knew would not be discouraging to me on Wed. night that has had 2 c sections and she made me feel much better. I totally agree with her that I surround myself with positive, encouraging people over these next 13 days. Why are women so into freaking out other women with their labor stories, I have no idea, but I want no part of them when it comes to this. I have already been freaked out enough by some people, which is the main reason I was so worried about labor in the first place. So...I've been trying to think of all the great things from c section...
*She shouldn't have a cone head.
*It's quick. They said once they get me in the operating room she's out in less than 45 min.
*Women have them everyday and do just fine.
*I won't have to worry about any tearing, etc.
*My Meemaw will hang out with me when I get home :) She's the only one I want washing my dirty clothes!
*I'm surrounded by great people who will be more than willing to help me out, now I've got to get my pride out of the way and let them help me out!
*Hudson loves to lay with me and me read him books, so looks like I'll have plenty of time to read to him!
Okay, if you can think of anything else positive for me to focus on, please, leave me a comment. If it's not positive then keep it to yourself! :)
11 comments:
I've never had a C-section, but a few things come to mind- someone else can haul the hay and 50 lb grain bags for you, you'll probably get better pain medicine and for longer, you'll get your energy back faster since you'll be forced to rest, someone else can do the cooking (and dishes,...), you'll have a chance to work through the whole new Bible study in no time; and there is the whole convenience of being able to schedule things- no middle of the night/rush hour dashes to the hospital!
And more pluses for Hollyn- she won't be at risk for stress in birth (2 of mine had the cord tightly around the neck); that pretty head shape you mentioned; and no facial bruising (like mine had).
See, it won't be all bad. We'll be praying for you.
Laura Webb
A couple of my babies had their cords around their necks. Ethan had to spend a little time in critical care because of it; Melanie was PURPLE for days because of her bruising. Your baby won't be all beat up like that.
You will be spared the indignity of lying there spraddle legged while the whole world is focused on a very personal part of your body!!! ACK. I hated that!
Sometimes God just wants us to slow down and be still for a few minutes (or months:). I can understand the agony of that for you, because I am a doer too; but sometimes we need it more than we think we do.
Your granny will probably come over and feed you REALLY good, multiple times.
You've made it this far Linds, you are on the homestretch!
April
Positive! Is having a child to hold and feel it's breath on your cheek. The Lord will give you no more then you can handle. Behold you bring a life into your arms.
Hudson will have a sister to read to.
My dear friend who has had both a c-section as well as vag birth firmly believes that c-section is the way to go! You are going to be great. You don't have to look at anything gross because it will be completely curtained off.
Take care and stay positive. You are on the downhill side of this journey!
I did have a C-Section with Austin and will have another C-Section with James "Hunter" and all I have is positives to say about it. When I delivered Austin I came home, and was back to washing dishes, washing clothes, the whole nine yards and back to work in 6 weeks. I know you are a very strong woman and will be praying for you.
ps: a little piece of advice, while in the hospital I found getting up walking every chance I got helped out so much, what I would do is, James would get me a wheel chair and I would push it, until I was tired and then I would sit down and James would push me and then once I felt like getting up and walking again I did, I walked up and down the hallway, to the gift shop, the food court and ever the garage area outside, it helped a whole lot :)
sorry....... last comment was from Tara Lee :o)
sorry....... last comment was from Tara Lee :o)
sorry....... last comment was from Tara Lee :o)
I had two c-sections and it wasn't bad at all. You will do fine. Don't worry about the small stuff that we cannot change. A good thing about a c-section is that you are not as worn out. 19 hours with Ely before they decided to do the c-section versus 1.5 hours with Isaiah and then done! I was up walking around that evening and felt good. You will do GREAT Lindsey!
Lisa Weakley
Lindsey,
I was just as terrified as you sound with my first pregnancy and I ended up having four (4) c-sections. I labored with my oldest and that c-section was an emergency situation. But after that, my next three boys were planned c-sections. The recovery was a breeze and their heads were perfectly shaped ;0). I figured if I was going to have stitches, better my belly than the other alternative. The only issue I had was anethesia made me nausuas, so my dr instructed the nurses to give me finigrin right away. IMHO, C-section is the way to go!
Kim
First let me say, I wish you all the best with Hollynn. The Lord is absolutely amazing. Secondly, you are tough, much tougher than me and I had a c-section and delivered a 10 lb baby.
I belive C-Sections are the way to go. They started at 10:15am and Bryson was born at 10:35am. . God is so good! He will take care of you. I think the anxiety is what go me the most, I couldn't wait to hold him and see his face.
I agree with Tara - walk - thats what helped me heal the most. Best of luck to you, Jason and Hudson.
Charity Justice
Post a Comment