It's hard to believe that a year ago at this time we would have been sleeping off a long day of walking around Moscow and soon to be waking up to the day we would first hold Hudson. I still remember getting off that plane and meeting Jon and Janice, two of the biggest blessings! And then making our way to the Embassy and trying to hold our eyes open! Falling asleep at 7:30 and waking up at 3:30 in the morning!
Jason and I were laying in bed last night just reliving it all! So I thought I would post some pics of what we were doing a year ago. And I'm sure I'm going to be taking a little stroll down memory lane this week so you're welcome to come along with me. This past weekend I've already had so many feelings just remembering meeting Hudson in the orphanage and looking at the loving, crazy, funny, smart little man that has blossomed!
Speaking of weekend. We spent it at a horse show in Murfreesboro. Jason spent the weekend on a teen retreat. I hated to miss it, but this was going to be a big show and we had been planning on it for months. The girls did very well, I'm so proud of them. Hudson had a rough night staying in the hotel which made for a long nap yesterday when we got home.
Jason preached for the first time and Darryl was so awesome for taping it. So we stayed up until midnight last night watching it. He did great! Y'all know I'm pretty honest and I wouldn't say that if he didn't. When he was going over his notes with me on Friday afternoon he was afraid he was going to be so nervous. So I helped him with his nervousness by pretending I was picking my nose, making faces, etc. while he was going over his notes (Ha!). Yes, you're thinking about how good of a preachers wife I'm going to be! All picking aside, he got up there and didn't seem that nervous and looked up from his notes very well and really let the Lord speak through him. God is so good, and He was there and moving!
No comments:
Post a Comment