Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 1 and Day 2

Picture was taken within about a min. of them walking up the stairs and handing him to me.
A little later that day we were getting some smiles!








Front of Orphanage #20




Day #2


I can still remember sitting there on that couch. The door you see in the right hand corner led to his room. We would wait everyday for them to bring him out. By trip #2 I would just waltz right in and get him!
I can still remember laying in bed after that first day and just being head over heels! Just praising God for all of our answered and unanswered prayers. He was everything we asked for. The first day went so well that I wasn't sure what to think about day 2. We were prepared for him to cry and not want to be around us and a lot other things that we were expecting to not go so well, not because we were looking at it negatively but because that's what our agency and most all other families went through on day one. But he never did, he just warmed right up to us more everyday. He was hesitant at first and not sure what to do. Probably wondering who this crazy lady was and why was she kissing and hugging him so much. He eventually started laughing and loosening up some.
Sometimes I just want to forget these days, I know that sounds awful. I don't like the thought of the orphanage or the smell of the city. I can't stand remembering so vividly walking away from him everyday. He feels like he's been here with us for forever. As much as I don't want to remember I know a part of me would never really forget even if I could. It's such a reminder of God's sovereignty, His hands at work, His hands holding us all even when we were half a world apart.
I'm so thankful the Lord adopted me and I also wish I could forget those days when I was deep down in the mud and mire. Sunk up to my eyeballs! But that's a part of my story. My story of God's grace and redemption. Just like Hudson was not born of my flesh but he's a Carney, no less. I was born into sin but I'm marked by the blood, I'm a daughter of the King, no less! Oh, my sweet, sweet Jesus and my precious baby boy, how they soften this ol' country girl's heart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!!!

Melissa said...

What great photos. Even then he had a wonderful smile. It's amazing how much can change within a year. But we all maded it through and have our children with us. That truly is a blessing!
Melissa