Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Orphanage Suitcases

We were able to leave lots of things in Russia instead of having to bring them home and then take them back over. I have all of Hudson's things that I will be taking over and I am going to have 2 extra suitcases to take over for orphanage gifts. I took one big suitcase over the first trip with baby powder, toys, etc. This trip I want to really focus on clothes. There were 70 kids in his orphanage from babies to age 4. I think they have a need for clothes because they would wear the same clothes for a few days and then take them off and put them on another child. I have one suitcase almost full and I can get A LOT in these suitcases. I am packing queen!! So if any of you who have younger children go through their clothes often and usually take them to good will, etc. If you want me to come pick them up I will gladly pack them for Russia. Please everyone do NOT go out buying clothes for the orphanage. Just if you have some extra play clothes or you child has grown out of them and you want me to take them over just e-mail me and I'll come and get them.

1 comment:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Lindsey,

I just discovered your blog. One of your students (Lindy) has been telling me all about your adoption. How exciting that you are almost ready to bring your adorable son home. Hudson is just one month older than our daughter. We'll be bringing her home on Dec. 10th.

Congratulations! Kim

kimabraham.blogspot.com