Monday, November 17, 2008

Mt. Carmel

First thing first, no we haven't heard anything!! I wonder how many times we've been asked that question, but it's okay because it just means we have so many people caring and supporting us and longing for the day our little guy comes home. Thanks everyone for your questions :)

Yesterday we went to the church I grew up in, Mt. Carmel. It was really awesome. They asked if I would share our adoption story with the church and then take of a love offering. Of course I would, Russian adoption is my favorite subject!! I only choked up one time. When I was telling how hard it was to leave him. When I talk about it I don't even have to close my eyes to picture the tall skinny dark haired lady taking my baby from me while he was laughing and waving at us. So I told about this journey we're on and was able to visit with family and people I grew up knowing, there's no place like home. And I was left speechless at the love offering. Pretty much bought us a plane ticket. We were so humbled and are so grateful. God amazes me how much grace he pours out on us and we are so undeserving. I cannot wait to tell Hudson just how he is meant for us and us for him, how God put the whole thing together long before we even dreamed of it and how He provided and held us every step of the way. What a testimony this is. I could go on and on but then I'd be sitting here crying. But thanks to everyone at Mt. Carmel, we love you all and cannot wait to bring Hudson so meet all of you.

Anyhow, update on my dad after hip surgery, he's doing good. Stubborn as usual and not using his crutches like he's suposed to. Actually he's not using them at all and he's suposed to for 4 weeks. This is where my hard headedness comes from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey, this is Therese Sparn-athletic trainer at CHS and I really enjoy reading about Hudson and your journey to bring him home. My thoughts and prayers are with you and know that during this Thanksgiving season i am counting yall's and Hudson's blessings .