It's 4:00 in the morning and I'm watching Sweet Home Alabama for the 2nd time tonight. I really wish I could sleep but I can't seem to stop thinking about the day we have had. I found out that we will not travel in September, it will be October or later. I can think of no better word than this STINKS! Especially when we were told we would more than likely travel in August. There were 3 of us who received our referrals at the same time. The other 2 families are getting to travel at the end of Sep. and we can't go until after them. I asked why and was told that even though we had all received everything at the same time, we turned our paperwork in last. I guess since we didn't submit anything at all to Russia until the end of June (from where we switched countries) and they had paperwork in before us and it puts us last. I have been e-mailing with one of the families that will be traveling at the end of Sep. Her son is a month older than Hudson and we think they are in the same room together. Hudson is in her son's dvd. I was really wanting to travel with them, but I'm sure we'll meet some day. That's a connection I never want to lose, what a blessing it will be for Hudson to have contact with their son. She is going to take lots of pictures and video for me so at least we'll have some more pictures and can see how he's growing, changing, and hopefully progressing.
So when I finally stopped crying the biggest crocodile tears ever, after realizing we will not be able to see our son for another month which means that's another month of his life he will spend in an orphanage, Jason called me. We had been talking back and forth about our adoption and he, too, was really upset about it. But this call wasn't about that. His workers had been in a wreck. Three of them. Praise God they weren't hurt, but his dodge was totalled. Just last week the landscaping truck motor blew up so they had been driving Jason's work truck while he has been driving my truck. I guess it's a good thing we hadn't sold my car yet (a.k.a. skankmobile). Looks like I'll be driving skanky for a little longer, but I'm not sure what Carney Lawn Care is going to do. It'll take a few days for the insurance company to go look at the dodge so I'm sure Jason will find a way to get through next week before we can get another truck.
So needless to say, yesterday was rough. I try to find the positive in things so here goes...At least we know the Moscow program is doing something and that 2 families will get to see their sons this month. And we are going to get more pics and video of Hudson. No one was hurt in the wreck, the mowers were not hurt or the gooseneck trailer (only thing broke on the trailer was weedeaters and the blower). And the best thing I can think of is I have a wonderful man. He had his first trustee meeting at church last night and didn't get home until around 9:00. I was already in bed watching my movie, trying not to think about everything. After he ate and took a shower he crawled in bed and the first words out of his mouth while he was praying was for me. He knows how bad I'm hurting right now, although he has a whole lot on his shoulders, his main concern was me. I couldn't ask for any better of a man. Okay, now I'm crying again, hopefully my next post will be a good one!
God's still on the throne!
2 comments:
Yes
God is stil on the Throne.
Keep The Faith Girl and Remember
He's the one in Charge and knows what's Best.
Please try and stay busy and get your rest. I know it hard, but I hate to see you upset and hurting
when you know God is on your side and Hudson will be home soon.
we will keep praying and I know God is listening, but He's the one
that knows best.
Remember you have a whole BiG Family out here Praying and all you
have to do is relax and Trust in Him, Maybe You and Jason need to get away by your selves and relax.
As Always
Love and Prayers
Blessing for you Both
Cindy G
out there that loves you
Hey Lindsey,
I am so, so sorry your wait has been extended.
Thinking and praying for you,
Cydil
P.S. Can I see a photo of the Skankmobile?
Post a Comment