If you are visiting for the first time and would like the baby shower information just scroll down the page. But I had to post and tell you all some cool things that have happened. Today I went to Pleasant View to do my normal errands for Carney Lawn Care (post office, bank, etc.). And on the way back home I stopped by a children's consignment sale (at the Gleave's house). I walked up and saw Mayme ( www.mcgowanmoments.blogspot.com ) who I have been keeping up with on her blog. They just got home last Friday with their adorable little girl from China. She knew who we were through Sheryl and Jeanna (my mother and sister-in-law). But we had never met. It was so neat to just run into her and get to talk for a few minutes. I hope we can get together sometime. I have been networking with a few other families in our area who have adopted their children internationally, I think it would be fun to have adoption get togethers!
Other cool thing...I met a neighbor who is from Russia. I stopped by her house the other day to talk with her. I was hesitant to just stop by but afterwards I was so happy I did. She is going to help me learn some Russian, write a letter to the orphanage workers thanking them for all they've done, and I'm going to take the dvd over so she can tell me what they are saying in it. I'm so excited. Her husband passed away last year and her family of course is in Russia. I hope we can hang out and then maybe it help her not be lonely and me to learn about my child's heritage, etc. instead of dwelling on the fact that I can't hold him right now. Isn't God so cool the way he brings people together. What a neat connection for us to have!
Last thing...although this isn't that cool, but consignment sales are awesome! I think I am so over things having to be new! I mean, who can beat a Ralph Lauren and Gap button up dress shirt for $1 a piece that look like they've never been worn! I found some cute things today but made sure they were all 2T or bigger, I already have a storage bin for clothes that he will grow into.
2 comments:
Lindsey God is cool. It is no fluke that he has given you a chance to run into Melissa at the market and now Mayme at the sale I think that's cool and I think it would be great for you guys to get to know each other. A russian lady living near by how cool is that she will be a great help for translating. Praying for you and Jason and your darling little Hudson May God bring ya'll together soon
Hey Lindsey! Thanks for commenting on my blog - feel free to link to it! You are right - not everything needs to be new and you will save a TON of money! They out grow things so very, very fast!
Post a Comment