Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Playing Catch Up...




 What can I say, my 5 yr. old like to wink at me!
 Hudson made his own calendar one day, all by himself, I loved his creativity in hanging it.
 Next boxer model??
 Hudson lost his first tooth last night, he jumped up and yelled that his tooth had fallen out!  Then today he was eating an apple and the one next to it came out.  I might need to take out a loan ;)
I'll try not to make this too lengthy...I'll start with the youngest.
Heath's new obsession is trying to dress himself...and undress himself!  He copies every. single. thing. the other two do.  He's a climber and LOVES the trampoline.  The higher he gets bounced the harder he laughs and he especially thinks it's funny when he falls down.

Hollynn is potty trained!  Woohoo!  She has done so great at it, I think I agree with most everyone else who says girls are easier to potty train.  She is into counting and saying her abc's.  However when she gets to 7, she always skips to 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 19.  At this point I just laugh.  She tells everyone she is 5 and she asks everyone she sees what their name is, even if she knows it. 

Hudson still impresses me constantly with his reading and he tries to read everything.  I think his favorite past time is annoying his sister, and the more he does it, the louder she squeals.  It might remind me of myself and Casey, just a little ;)  He is enjoying basketball still, and the season ends this month.  He might not ever touch the ball, but I bet he has the most fun out of anyone out there! And he's given us quite a few belly laughs out there!

I have enjoyed this much needed time of rest.  We haven't had many events going on and my goal this year is to not be so busy and to not feel bad about it.  So far, I feel a little more sane, which is always a plus!  I'll be getting geared up for lessons starting up in March and while I always enjoy my break, I always look forward to getting started back.  I am currently doing a Kelly Minter study on Nehemiah and I am really enjoying her style.

Jason has lost 17 lbs. here lately.  That makes me feel 2 ways, #1 proud and #2 like I want to punch him in the face.  It's taken me twice the amount of time to lose the 10 lbs. I gained after Heath came home as it has for him to lose this 17 lbs.  Why in the world guys can lose weight so quickly and with not much effort is beyond me!  He is working on his ordination paperwork so hopefully he will officially be ordained soon.  I love him.  A lot!

Last Thurs. my Grandfather suddenly passed away.  He had a massive heart attack and my dad found him already gone, close to his barn.  This is Meemaw's husband.  You all know she is my best friend and now she's my favorite widow (along with Granny).  It's hard seeing your dad and uncles feel the way they felt.  Jason preached the funeral, his first funeral, and he did a great job. 
I wish I could type all these wonderful things but I cannot.  I have mourned in such a weird way, I cannot even describe it.  I am trying to not drown in the past but to let this push me forward in ways where I am bolder with my faith, and telling others about Jesus becomes much more important than any fear I might have.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful babies!!! Thanks for the update. I miss you guys.

Brandy